The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Magma Armor - Super Strong?

Cagro
Cagro
✭✭✭
I am tempted to switch to Dragonknight just for the Magma Armor (Caps incoming damage at 3% Max Health for 9s while nearby enemies take 2 Flame damage every 1s). Only 200 Ultimate plus you can increase it to last 12 seconds I heard. How can you kill a Dragon knight in PVP that have accumulated 1000 ultimate? That will be a full minute of invulnerability. Am I missing something here? What will prevent Dragonknights to just wear light armor and stack Magicka/Stamina with no health (since damage capped at 3% health) and melt everybody else?
  • Rhano
    Rhano
    Your ultimate ist set to 0 when you use it ... thats the same with every Ultimate (except Overload).

Edit: And it's not invulnerability. Its big weakness are abilities like Aedric Spear and Flurry (and DOTs).
    Edited by Rhano on April 1, 2014 3:02PM
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad I did not switch yet. Thanks.
  • Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    Magma Armor is really strong, but as pointed out it can be dealt with. A lot of DK's actually run with the Standard as their ultimate anyway. The trick with a DK that has that as an ultimate (as with many ultimates regardless of class) is to survive while it is up and get out of range of its influence.

I'd encourage you not to switch classes based on FOTM builds or possible overpowered-ness. Class balance will change over time as it does in all games. I'd just pick what you enjoy the most and learn how to squeeze the best out of it. You'll be a better player in the long run for it, and you'll probably enjoy it more even if it involves copious amounts of death.

Then again, I named my Argonian after my predisposition to base- and cliff-jumping with my characters, so maybe my definition of fun needs work. :)
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
  • Solitaire
    Solitaire
    Castielle wrote: »
    Any Dragonknights selling their Magma Armor???

Cas

You may be joking but in case you are not Magma Armor is an ultimate skill, not an actual armor set.
    Edited by Solitaire on April 2, 2014 5:16AM
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ultimate is nicely balanced all the way to end game. Did they fix the synergy on magma shell yet?
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • makong
    makong
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so Baph. I'm currently using Magma shell for group synergy.

Also, using a 1000 ult for magma armor is silly and will not last a minute.