Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Extortionate pricing

Mattymoo92
Mattymoo92
✭✭✭
Crown crates are great but charging 400 gems for 1 furnishing or customised action is not.
I know this will go unnoticed and ZoS will keep taking advantage of players but we should keep complaining until they stop locking items behind massive paywalls.
4x the price for 1 furnishing that in past boxes would cost 100 gems is insane.
I’d ask is this because of the current post from Kevin saying that fraudulent behaviour is happening? It feels like they are punishing hard working people with extortionate prices.
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on June 23, 2023 2:26AM
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    ZOS_Phoenix
    admin
    Greetings,

After review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic (Crown Store & ESO Plus, as this thread is regarding Crown Crate pricing).

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The prices are outlandishly high, but at the end of the day they can charge however much they want.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They can charge whatever they want and you can spend whatever you want. I choose zero in this scenario.
  • Fallefel
    Fallefel
    Cold hard truth: Encouraging people to complain on the forums isn't enough. To make an impact you'd need to form a community that consists of majority of players in all platforms. When you're there, start systematic boycott campaign. This way you'd have a chance of succeeding. Making one, two or even three threads on the forums is an insignificant effort.
    Edited by Fallefel on June 23, 2023 11:19AM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Costumes used to be lower too, in some recent crate seasons we've seen costumes go for 400 gems when they used to be lower.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extortion requires something that the victim cannot go without, which describes nothing for sale with gems.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The easiest and most effective way to vote, is with your wallet.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame, because if the little star projector was either bigger or cheaper, I'd totally get it. But 400 gems? For that little thing?
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game needs guild wars 2 prices for their ingame shop and currency. Stuff that's awesome and affordable that everyone can buy.

Compared to guild wars 2, league of legends, and world of warcraft; eso is the most expensive game I've played. In eso I can only buy crowns and stuff when they go on sale but only once.

My suggestion is that:
    Players with the eso plus subscription should get crowns and all in game items with a permanent 40% off discount. While players who don't have a subscription pay base price.
    Edited by wilykcat on June 23, 2023 4:36PM
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wilykcat wrote: »
    This game needs guild wars 2 prices for their ingame shop and currency. Stuff that's awesome and affordable that everyone can buy.

Compared to guild wars 2, league of legends, and world of warcraft; eso is the most expensive game I've played. In eso I can only buy crowns and stuff when they go on sale but only once.

My suggestion is that:
    Players with the eso plus subscription should get crowns and all in game items with a permanent 40% off discount. While players who don't have a subscription pay base price.

ESO+ members currently get discounts on older items every now and then, although the discounts generally aren't enough to get me to buy Crowns, and you can't gift ESO+ discounted items, so it's a pass either way.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not talking about the once in a while sales. I mentioned permanent discounts on all items including the price of crowns for subscribers.

Sales and discounts are two different things.

Sales are temporary and only apply to certain things for a limited time. Sales are available to all customers.

Discounts permanently reduce the original price on all items. Discounts are also only applied to customers who have a subscription or membership.