Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

New Unfeathered Recall

Aka_
Aka_
✭✭✭✭✭
The new recall in the crown crates is just... Obnoxious. It's too much. I get the need to make things more appealing and "ooo" to justify the prices of these and all, but jeez. Am I alone in thinking this, bound to a fate of being an angry old person later in life, or do others think that this is getting out of hand?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is way too expensive but i am kinda glad it is so less people buy this super bright Obnoxious customised action. it hurts to look at
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the aoe shouldve been smaller and the fx less bright and character-covering. it also makes the recall feel so much longer than the normal animation does.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, ZOS is really going ham on extreme glowy effects the latest year. Having issues play because of all the constant big flashes and bangs of obnoxious lights.

It's nice it''s not another recolour, but it's just way too much.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The circle of milking whales will only be complete once they've reached Korean MMO levels of neon, flashy, and bright.

We're well on the way.
    PC-NA
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aka_ wrote: »
    The new recall in the crown crates is just... Obnoxious. It's too much. I get the need to make things more appealing and "ooo" to justify the prices of these and all, but jeez. Am I alone in thinking this, bound to a fate of being an angry old person later in life, or do others think that this is getting out of hand?

I mean, making a post on a forum about a recall does say that exactly that, doesn't it?
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aka_ wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking this, bound to a fate of being an angry old person later in life, or do others think that this is getting out of hand?

Why not both? You can be right about this and become Mr. Grumpy McGrumpface.
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    This could have been a simple Oblivion portal. Enemies and NPCs use them all the time.
    Molag's balls!
  • polaris86
    polaris86
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the aoe is way too big. I was considering saving my seals for it til I saw someone actually using it and it’s more intrusive than I thought.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Someone in Vivec used this next to me. I yelled "JESUS!" at the screen. It was not a positive reaction.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why they always resort on particle FX to emphasize their appealingness with the cost of being too obnoxious and burning other people's eyes with your shinies.

Meanwhile there are just tons of way that are more creatives and fun way to do teleport. For example you digging a hole then you bury yourself in, *teleports*. Or have a daedra beams you out of existence, *teleports*. Or just a simple /playdead animation play then *teleports*. Don't need no flashy stuffs to emphasize its premium-ness
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely extra.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm... I was thinking of getting it, but I don't want to bother other players. Wonder if they'll tone it down.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraFan wrote: »
    Hmm... I was thinking of getting it, but I don't want to bother other players. Wonder if they'll tone it down.

I hoped they don't tone it down. The flashiness and cool visuals were the only reason I spent currency on it. Be a slap in the face to people who purchased it if they ruined the visuals.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    AzuraFan wrote: »

I hoped they don't tone it down. The flashiness and cool visuals were the only reason I spent currency on it. Be a slap in the face to people who purchased it if they ruined the visuals.

it's a slap in the face whenever i see that obnoxious recall. it's too bright and flashes too fast

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, the concept is really cool, the execution is just too white, bright, and intrusive to others. Reducing the brightness of the cloudy particle effects on the player would make it much more balanced. The rune is bigger than other recall animations, but pretty.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    The crown cost is the only thing that stopped me from getting it tbh. It looks awesome.
    Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad that some people can enjoy it! Genuinely, it's just too much for me and apparently many others. The concept is cool, but it's so over the top that I just wonder how much further they can push the flashy designs with these animations.
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really bored of everything from the Crown Store or Crown Crates being a glowy mess, although I'm not too bothered with this teleport animation. My main problem is how large it is. It clips through walls of buildings because the circle is so big.

If it were smaller it would be much better imo, and suitable for necromancer characters.
  • Ananda.eso
    Ananda.eso
    ✭✭
    They could just add it t the list of other people's effects that you don't see or see a toned down version of so the user can see it as they made it and the rest of the people don't have to if they don't want to.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ananda.eso wrote: »
    They could just add it t the list of other people's effects that you don't see or see a toned down version of so the user can see it as they made it and the rest of the people don't have to if they don't want to.

For some players, part of the incentive to buy cosmetics and special actions etc. is to show that they have something different to other players. IOW, it would detract from the value and fewer people would buy them. That's why ZOS hasn't toned down some of the more obnoxious mount effects, etc. Agree with that or not, ZOS wants people to buy from the crown store and this is one way to make items more attractive.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was tempted to get it, but the animation your character does during it :D

Its like your character is having a panic attack or something.

As an aside, I love all the necromancy themed items in the crate. Ironic, considering necromancer is an absolutely dead class.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree with the OP on this... I absolutely love it! It's perfect on my necromancer, and just makes me want to play him more.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ananda.eso wrote: »

not everyone has the option to turn off people's effects, that's exclusive to PC with mouse and keyboard ui

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the actual visual, but the brightness level is a bit much. The design itself is really cool, and very in-line with a couple of my characters, RP-wise. If it weren't locked inside of crates that I can't get because gifting is still disabled, I'd be interested in it. I mean, I am interested in it, I just have no way to get it. Hopefully they're able to figure out the fraud issue with gifting before this season passes.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to ask, what did they recall from the crown crates, as I heard nothing from ZoS......then I read the comments and learned the thread was talking about a customized action. Tells you how awake I am. XD
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!