The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Prologue Achievements - Daily Jobs

SeaGtGruff
SeaGtGruff
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I was tempted to post this in the General forum, but decided this one might be a better place for it.

Last year I didn't play through the High Isle and Firesong content, because I still needed to finish the Blackwood and Deadlands content. So now that I've finished that (last year), I've finally played through the High Isle prologue (a few months ago) and am ready to start the High Isle quests.

Except I wanted to be certain that I'd finished the prologue, so I opened up my Achievements journal. And just to be certain I hadn't missed any other old content, I clicked on each of the entries under Prologues.

Murkmire-- What's this, an achievement I never completed? Cyrodilic Collections Agent, which I'd partly done back when Murkmire dropped, but never finished. I hadn't done one of those jobs in a little while, and the last time I did I got a fragment for the Swamp Jelly pet, which I'd already collected so I had decided I didn't need to do any more jobs for Cyrodilic Collections. But I haven't finished the achievement yet, so why not do more jobs? I ended up getting a new (to me) Murkmire furnishing this time, so that was nice.

Elsweyr-- What's this, an achievement I never even started working on? Elsweyr Defense Force Hero. Who and where is Zahari, who hands out these jobs? I had to go look her up in the UESPWiki, and unsurprisingly she's in northern Grahtwood near where you help Tharn at the Halls of Colossus. She sends me off on a job at a delve in Eastmarch, and when I return to her with the scroll one of my rewards is a fragment for the Guar Stomp emote, which I've obviously never collected since this was my very first job for Zahari.

Dragonhold-- Nothing. Greymoor-- Nothing. Markarth-- Nothing. Blackwood-- Nothing. And so on. Elsweyr was apparently the last expansion which included daily jobs that become available after completing the prologue quest.

That's actually something I think is a great idea-- having daily jobs which send you off to delves and other locations in the base game, such as the daily Mages Guild jobs from Alvur Baren and the daily Undaunted jobs from Bolgrul. The chapters and DLCs have daily jobs that send us to delves, world bosses, and other places (world events, old ruins for relics, hunting beasts for trophy kills, etc.), but there are so many delves, world bosses, and public dungeons in the base game that could be used for new daily jobs. Yes, some of them already are, but not all of them.

To be fair, Southern Elsweyr does have the daily jobs from Dirge Truptor, which send us off to various locations in the base game. But I can't think of any other chapters, DLCs, or prologues which add these sorts of daily jobs. Are there any that I've missed?

Anyway, I would love to see more of these types of dailies that send us back to the base game zones.
I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as far as im aware, only north elsweyr and murkmire had associated daily jobs with the prologues, all of the other ones are basically one off 1-2 quests that give you an idea of what the new content will be about

a lot of people dislike the murkmire one because the max achievement requires 150 quests done, and they changed it at some point so that you can only get 1 per day (instead of all 6 per day) unless you get shares from other people
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I remember when they made that change and it upset a lot of people.

In any case, I think these sorts of "bonus dailies" are a great way to help keep the base game zones relevant, as well as to help create more interconnections between a new zone and previous zones so the new zone doesn't feel isolated from the rest of the game.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think a better way to do that would just be adding a WB and delve daily to each of the existing zones for more options

thats not even new content either, just the NPC to give out the new quests
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options