The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Atrocious framerates and performance on Geforce GT555M

zhsu
zhsu
Soul Shriven
Hi guys, I'm running ridiculously low framerates (7.5-11fps) in general on medium, only rising to about 15 max. It takes a good 15 seconds for every object and texture to be drawn when I rapidly enter a new area (on my mount, for example).

The system I'm using is an Alienware M15x, which has the following specs, which to my understanding meets the recommended specs for ESO:

Intel i7-2630QM 2GHz
6 GB of DDR2 RAM
Nvidia Geforce GT555M (3GB dedicated), drivers up to date.

And yes I did set the game to run on the dedicated GPU rather than the integrated one. Hardly helped.

My system can run Skyrim with multiple graphics mods on high at 35-40ish FPS, so I really cannot fathom why ESO can bring it to its knees on fricking medium settings. I can't even get past the low 20s on LOW. It looks like a slideshow right now.

I did read an article on Tamriel Foundry about a guy who had similar experiences with the GT555M, so I'm wondering if this is (very) poor optimization with regard to this particular GPU.

If not, PLEASE point me in the right direction. It's made the game nigh on unplayable, and that isn't even taking the numerous bugs into consideration.

Edited by zhsu on April 1, 2014 9:55AM