The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pets can now take Pillager's Profit Ultimate.

Heelie
Heelie
✭✭✭✭✭
Just a heads up to all pve Sorcerer and Warden and Necromancer players. your pets can take the ultimate that from the set Pillagers Profit. So consider not slotting them if that set is used by your supports in 12 man content.
Edited by Heelie on June 7, 2023 11:03AM
Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huh.

How do we know this?
    Options
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh.

How do we know this?

ESO logs you can sort by who picked up the proc effect

budqpksq8jk8.png

Options
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should just block pets from receiving anything except for heals and shields from the owner. Buffs on pets cause nothing but issues.

I wonder if it targets Warden's bear and temporary pets like Skeletons, mage/archer, atronachs, etc.
    Edited by Dr_Con on June 7, 2023 11:32AM
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heelie wrote: »
    Huh.

How do we know this?

ESO logs you can sort by who picked up the proc effect

budqpksq8jk8.png

Oh how incredibly annoying
    Options
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    They should just block pets from receiving anything except for heals and shields from the owner. Buffs on pets cause nothing but issues.

I wonder if it targets Warden's bear and temporary pets like Skeletons, mage/archer, atronachs, etc.

It's all pets, including blast bones, Atronach, etc. Not just the two permanent sorcerer pets, the only pets I have yet to see are self buffing pets like the healing ghost on Necromancer and the Warden Betty.
    Options
  • Ph1p
    Ph1p
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My trial group had the same issue yesterday, where 5 pets (including Sorc pets and Warden bears) got the buff instead of players. People missed out on the buff despite being in range and not at full ultimate at the time.
    Options
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless it's not going on 12 people then this is appropriate. Pets have long been able to inherit buffs
    Options
  • SoraJP
    SoraJP
    ✭✭✭
    Question with that is, Does the person who the pet belongs to get the buff at the same time? Is it showing on the pet because the owner got the buff? Or is the pet flat out stealing it?
    PC/NA Khajiit Warden Main
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets are currently stealing other buffs as well, like major courage and minor berserk.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless it's not going on 12 people then this is appropriate. Pets have long been able to inherit buffs

What buff do they get here?

The only pets who have ultimates to refill are companions, who cannot be present in groups already full of players. There is no point in (non-companion) pets inheriting Pillager’s at all. It only adds to server work and risks having a situation where actual “group members” (as stated on Pillager’s tooltip) are not getting it.
    Edited by virtus753 on June 7, 2023 9:48PM
    Options
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoraJP wrote: »
    Question with that is, Does the person who the pet belongs to get the buff at the same time? Is it showing on the pet because the owner got the buff? Or is the pet flat out stealing it?

Pet is stealing buff, one less person is getting it, don't have to be the owner.
    Options
  • Ph1p
    Ph1p
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pillager's should give ultimate regeneration "to 11 other group members within 12 meters", but this effect can go on pets instead of players. So in my example, 6 players and 5 pets (Sorc pets and Warden bears) received the buff, while the other 5 players didn't get the ultimate regeneration.

These players were all alive and I confirmed that at least some were definitely in range and had less than 500 ultimate when Pillager's was activated. Two players who didn't get the buffs were the Wardens the bears belonged to, so this isn't a matter of pets inheriting the buff either.
    Options
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @zos_Kevin this needs to be passed to the dev team ASAP. Pillagers Profit is one of the staple trial support sets.
    Options
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hoping to see this get acknowledged sooner rather than later.
    Options
  • Nilandia
    Nilandia
    ✭✭✭

This actually does appear to be a new issue. I pulled up a log from 4/30 of a vAS run I was on with several oakensorcs. Not once did a pet take pillager's, but they were definitely present.

8ils5c05u7bw.png

Compare that to a log I found on ESOLogs from yesterday. This was also a vAS run, and the pets are indicated in teal. Not only are the pets taking pillagers, they are often taking it more frequently than the actual players.

aaytt5p9z8do.png

This isn't limited to sorc pets, either. Sorc atros, warden bears, necro blastbones, arcanist glyphics, even the ball lightning created when a sorc streaks can take it. I'm actually surprised that I've yet to see a necro archer or mage taking it, but I may just be missing it.

It's also quite interesting that I haven't seen pets taking pillagers in my logs from the PTS runs in Sanity's Edge, so I'm rather at a loss to what might be causing it.
    Edited by Nilandia on June 16, 2023 3:12PM
    Options
  • Nilandia
    Nilandia
    ✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Pets are currently stealing other buffs as well, like major courage and minor berserk.

This also appears to be the case. At the very least I'm seeing it happen with minor berserk from Combat Prayer.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Strongly Disagree. Companions are meant to help people who are soloing things. It should just be they can't take them if you're grouped with more than one player. Or if it makes more sense from a programming perspective, grouped at all.

Now, if they are able to keep summons separate, that may be different.

Edited by spartaxoxo on June 16, 2023 4:54PM
    Options
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Strongly Disagree. Companions are meant to help people who are soloing things. It should just be they can't take them if you're grouped with more than one player. Or if it makes more sense from a programming perspective, grouped at all.

Now, if they are able to keep summons separate, that may be different.

Specifically stated pets, not companions.
    Edited by Dr_Con on June 16, 2023 7:44PM
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol. PC players are the real goats. Always out here beta testing the game for ZOS. Us console peasants appreciate your efforts!
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    Options
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it has been a few weeks and still no reponse on this.
    Options
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

The only pets who have ultimates to refill are companions, who cannot be present in groups already full of players. There is no point in (non-companion) pets inheriting Pillager’s at all. It only adds to server work and risks having a situation where actual “group members” (as stated on Pillager’s tooltip) are not getting it.

Unless it's not on 12 people in range then it's fine.
    Options
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heelie wrote: »
    it has been a few weeks and still no reponse on this.

So it’s ZoS’ standard modus operadni
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is it not still a waste of server resources to calculate a buff for pets that they literally cannot get any benefit from whatsoever? Making them incapable of getting this buff results in zero downside and two significant benefits: the server isn’t wasting resources on calculating something that has zero effect, and the risk that players might not get the buff when they should is minimized.
    Options
  • NVNNN2
    NVNNN2
    Soul Shriven

Still nothing has been done to address this issue. Considering how little is being made in regards to combat/class design, I do not believe the Team is so heavily occupied with "work" not to release a hotfix the moment this had been reported.
    Options
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Is it not still a waste of server resources to calculate a buff for pets that they literally cannot get any benefit from whatsoever? Making them incapable of getting this buff results in zero downside and two significant benefits: the server isn’t wasting resources on calculating something that has zero effect, and the risk that players might not get the buff when they should is minimized.

Sure but we got a lot of bugs some lasting a year and a half like this

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/636644/do-you-have-trouble-filling-replacements-with-dungeon-finder/p1

So, unless it's 12 people in range are not getting it then it's not a big problem. Come back with testing showing it's not going on all 12 people in range.

Have you put a report in game about the issue or the website with real people? Have you contacted a community manager? Have you put in social media outlets?

Here's some suggested titles for you

* How many years did it take for first pet bugs to get fixed?

* Companions still share some of old pet bugs like heavy attack bugs

*Where is quality control?

* Pet Sorcs lives Matter

* Quality Control union is failing

Issues get more notice when it more then one spot. Remember the trade guild players who got unjustified banned for over a week without nobody carig to look into the problem? I think I saw 5 reddit posts, Facebook, YouTube and something else before people started investigating

Edited by FeedbackOnly on June 25, 2023 11:22AM
    Options
  • NVNNN2
    NVNNN2
    Soul Shriven
    how do you tag moderators or community managers? this issue has not been responded to by the developer yet
    stop using forums to discuss outfits and "what type of pets do you prefer :3"
    make some friends in guild discords and jerk each other off there
    me and every pve player needs this prioritized
    Options
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NVNNN2 wrote: »
    how do you tag moderators or community managers? this issue has not been responded to by the developer yet
    stop using forums to discuss outfits and "what type of pets do you prefer :3"
    make some friends in guild discords and jerk each other off there
    me and every pve player needs this prioritized

You type @Zos_ your dev or mod of choice.

@Zos_Kevin Are yall aware of this bug?
    Options
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a recently introduced bug (I think with the Necrom update) and is so bad that groups with a log of sorcs are not running pillagers.
    ZoS,
    Do we have an acknowledgement that this bug is scheduled for fixing, and an ETA?
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's been 0 acknowledgement
    Options
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if1qx2bis9h7.png

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

They are taking a considerable amount of heals/overheals, which as you may already know is a source of important buffs such as Major Courage from SPC, minor berserk from Combat Prayer, and they'll take away sticky HOTs like Eternal Vigor and Radiating Regeneration, which are needed to be applied to players to survive certain fights. They also take away potential healing targets (which are limited spots, btw) from ground HOTs like the arcanist's beam and the grand healing morphs (which are limited to how many people can be affected by these abilities, now including pets). In addition, they unnecessarily take certain shields (like chakrams from the Arcanist class) during trials.

As you can see in the log screenshots a lot of the healing went to the pets. Pets do preferentially take heals over players in many cases, this behavior needs to stop or at least be toggled. I know that pets can be damaged in overland content so maybe part of this change was intentional, but they should be absolutely last priority for heals.
    Edited by Dr_Con on July 4, 2023 5:29AM
    Options