The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cipher's Eye Watcher?

Gruumsh1
Gruumsh1
✭✭✭✭
Was this fella supposed to come reading a book?
Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think is one of the pet's 'idle animations' rather than a 'permanent fixture'.
    Options
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    ah ha! Thanks!
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks @ApoAlaia!

Just confirming the book idle animation is uncommon and won't play every time, but it is there! :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh, I'm bummed that the watcher is actually blind. I was really looking forward to it having these inquisitive, very detailed eyes like the watcher pets before. The eyes seem so dull, compared to the other watcher varieties. It certainly lowers the value of pre-purchase goodies, for me personally.

xtapn1sbzgop.png

(And just for clarification, that's not saying anything about how I view blind people or people with disabilities in real life.)

Options
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks @ApoAlaia!

Just confirming the book idle animation is uncommon and won't play every time, but it is there! :)

Disappointing it's not more often. Seems boring now
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on June 5, 2023 7:36PM
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @ApoAlaia!

Thank you very much for the clarification. I appreciate the communication.

I do have to agree with others above that it is disappointing that the book does not appear more often, especially when it was presented as the unique feature of this pet (to differentiate it from the extant watchling pets) in the promotional imagery.
    Options
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Thanks @ApoAlaia!

Thank you very much for the clarification. I appreciate the communication.

I do have to agree with others above that it is disappointing that the book does not appear more often, especially when it was presented as the unique feature of this pet (to differentiate it from the extant watchling pets) in the promotional imagery.

I never seen book idle animation after an hour using it. Decided other book pet was more interesting afterwards
    Options
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw it! Out the corner of my eye and haven't seen it since LOL
    Options