Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Food Buff and EXP Timers are gone from Active Effects after Downloading Necrom.

ElderSmitter
ElderSmitter
✭✭✭✭
I have my Food Buff up. I also just used a EXP Ambrosia Potions. Neither are showing a timer on my screen or in my Character Active Effects. Anyone Know if they got turned off during update or is this a bug? Thanks!
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a bug. I would use the in game /bug to report it.
  • ElderSmitter
    ElderSmitter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks will do!
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks will do!

Are your passives working? And CP?

There was a problem on PTS with passives not working.... but I thought it got fixed.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks @ElderSmitter88! We're taking a look. At first glance, it appears to be a UI-only issue and the buffs at least remain.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ElderSmitter
    ElderSmitter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank You. Yes, i see the stat buff from eating Lava Stamina Food. Just no timer on when it will end. I assume EXP is working since it won't let me drink another Ambrosia Potion just same thing no time. I appreciate the Response.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same goes for experience buff scrolls. When I first logged in, I tried to use an experience buff scroll, and it said I already had a consumable experience buff active, even though the buff did not appear on the character screen. I remembered that yesterday I'd checked and I still had almost an hour left on a buff I'd applied, and I didn't play an hour yesterday. So the buff was still active and the message was correct. The buff just wasn't showing in the UI.

Later on, I was able to use a scroll. However, I forgot to check whether I could see the buff. Anyway, just wanted to post that it does seem to be a UI issue, but still confusing.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank You. Yes, i see the stat buff from eating Lava Stamina Food. Just no timer on when it will end. I assume EXP is working since it won't let me drink another Ambrosia Potion just same thing no time. I appreciate the Response.

My buff icon disappears after a rezone.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Cayr
    Cayr
    ✭✭✭
    Also experiencing this problem. The food buff icon disappears from screen and the buff also seems to disappear from the list of active buffs on the character sheet, but stats themselves remain buffed. Oddly enough, the buff icon + description occasionally reappears after changing instance.
  • jenorthar
    jenorthar
    Soul Shriven
    I bug reported this in game also. For me buffs got removed when going through a loading screen - any door, delve, etc.. The buff effects apparently weren't staying active though. I really noticed it when my add-on for food buffing as soon as it runs out was shoveling in Lava Foot Soup constantly. Then I noticed the XP scroll as well and was having to use additional ones. Since I was not getting a message that there was already a buff in place and allowed me to use another scroll or food item, it seems like it is more than just a UI problem. I have disabled the add-on for now and am doing content with no XP boost or food buff. Hopefully it gets addressed soon.
  • Verbarian
    Verbarian
    My food and drink buffs disappear every time I switch locations. It's not just that they no longer show up on my bar, the stats that are supposed to be buffed go back to unbuffed--for me meaning I have less health and magicka.
  • swickelb16_ESO
    swickelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem. Buffs are no longer visible as soon as a zone change is done
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "it appears to be a UI-only issue and the buffs at least remain."

Agreed with the above, a minor bug, but a bit annoing since it's hard to know when the food buff ends (since there is no food icon displayed on the active buffs via addon).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiming in with the same. I don't trust the cosmetic only response as I still take burn damage in pvp from the 8 million year thing and my food buff drops very quickly since mine is a large one and the number change easy to spot.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to update here, we pinpointed what was causing this issue and are working on a fix that we'll plan to include in the next incremental patch. Again, this is a UI/display issue and you are not actually losing your buffs.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • tincanman
    tincanman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to update here, we pinpointed what was causing this issue and are working on a fix that we'll plan to include in the next incremental patch. Again, this is a UI/display issue and you are not actually losing your buffs.

Thanks.

Was a bit worrying to see stat bar shrinkage, buff icons vanishing and buff info disappearing from the character window.
  • Amarthiul
    Amarthiul
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the update Gina. :) Do you or the team know of any workarounds that those of us who are affected can employ in the mean time?
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

addons are believing that the food buffs are expired. I had to turn mine off.
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got on my Arcanist and used an XP scroll and food, ran the toon and had all the buffs until the timer ran out. I tried to use another food/XP but it still does not let me, I think the timer is still somehow going but not showing in the character sheet or maybe the UI is glitched. Just trying to shed some light.
  • Malkosha
    Malkosha
    ✭✭✭

Thank you! Could you give us an ETA on that patch? It's hard to play with expensive foods and XP scrolls like it is and I'm wondering how long before I can play again. Once again .... Thanks!
    Edited by Malkosha on June 6, 2023 8:35PM
  • herkemur
    herkemur
    ✭✭✭
    There's no way this is just a "display" issue. Running out of your food buff in the middle of soloing a WB aint' no fun.
    And, as has been said above, damn expensive.
    Please!
    Edited by herkemur on June 6, 2023 10:47PM
  • Malkosha
    Malkosha
    ✭✭✭

I did some research and it looks like the next Incremental Patch seems to be scheduled for June 29th. I hope I'm wrong. Is it possible to do a "Hot-Fix" instead of adding it to the Incremental Patch? While I understand the buffs are still there so it seems like a non-issue for playing, I can tell you from my viewpoint it's something quite distressing when it comes to actually playing challenging content and in some ways a gamebreaker. For me that is. I won't assume to speak for someone else. It would be great if we could "Hot-Fix" this bug so we don't have to wait so long for a fix. Thank you!
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this was happening on pts week 1.
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also experiencing this, as are many others in my guilds. I had both a food + XP active - I can only tell because the health number is higher than normal (not the visual bar, it looks small), and it won't let me use another XP scroll. But, I forgot which XP scroll I used and have NO idea how much longer it's active.

Re: Addons - No: I tried turning them off completely, reloading UI, and restarting the game completely, and then also changing zone: did not help. Buffs are still not showing in the Character menu.

Malkosha wrote: »
    I did some research and it looks like the next Incremental Patch seems to be scheduled for June 29th ...

Yes, PLEASE, hotfix. It's terrible for this to keep going that long while everyone needs these exact things to level their characters.

Edited by MoonPile on June 7, 2023 2:49PM
  • xxxvodnikxxx
    xxxvodnikxxx
    ✭✭
    Yes, can confirm, its a just another annoying bug introduced with the new content updates ..

Actually, you still have a foodbuf in the sense of amount of the resources - even the bars are visually smaller than should be ,
    but foodbuff disappear from the buff tracking
    - it is disappearing once you die, change zone, change location, etc.

Just hoping that, one day ZOS will be more aware about the in-game bugs than the new content introduction.
    Hopefully
  • Rufusstan
    Rufusstan
    ✭✭
    Another one experiencing this. I came here to see if it was just me, but instead can confirm all the things others have reported. Eating food then have it disappear from the character sheet after the next loading screen. If the buff is still in effect, then at one level it is 'just' a UI bug, but at another it is really serious issue.

I can live with guesstimating food buff timers and taking the financial hit of using too many items by overwriting a buff, but only if it is going to be fixed quickly. But a potential fix in a month isn't quickly.

XP buffs are another story however. They also disappear, but unlike food, cannot be overwritten. So you only know if a buff ends when your XP goes down. These are either limited in availability or difficult/expensive to make. This will be made worse by the amount of people levelling up a new class and the new companions with XP boosters.
  • Amarthiul
    Amarthiul
    ✭✭✭
    Rufusstan wrote: »
    XP buffs are another story however. They also disappear, but unlike food, cannot be overwritten. So you only know if a buff ends when your XP goes down. These are either limited in availability or difficult/expensive to make. This will be made worse by the amount of people levelling up a new class and the new companions with XP boosters.

Is that only crafted XP buffs (Ambrosia)? I've taken to trying to eat an XP scroll every few minutes on my Arcanist and it only ever consumes one when the previous one appears to have expired.
    Edited by Amarthiul on June 8, 2023 9:30AM
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm that the xp buff scrolls one would get from crown store or main quest will stay active it's full duration even when icon disappears. Haven't tried the ambrosia one yet.
  • Rufusstan
    Rufusstan
    ✭✭
    Amarthiul wrote: »
    Rufusstan wrote: »

Is that only crafted XP buffs (Ambrosia)? I've taken to trying to eat an XP scroll every few minutes on my Arcanist and it only ever consumes one when the previous one appears to have expired.

Ya, its the scrolls that cannot be overwritten so you don't know when they end. Psijic Ambrosia I have no idea what happens because it is so expensive to make that I've never used it. With perfect roe at over 50,000 each, it doesn't make sense, especially as the XP booster scrolls are so common in log in rewards.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely NOT just a UI error. I ate some food in Craglorn, then ported to Telvanni Peninsula and the buff icon was gone, as well as the stats. Porting back to Craglorn did NOT restore the food buff.

I guess I won't bother with food/drink buffs while in the peninsula until they fix it.
  • ilawana
    ilawana
    ✭✭
    It seems that I am in fact losing the actual effects from some buffs. Particularly noticing that I am not getting extra xp from experience scrolls.