Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Antiquities Skill line in crown store when?

wolfie1.0.
wolfie1.0.
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Since class change tokens are a hot topic around here and those will likely be crown items if they ever get released...

Let's talk about another painpoint. When will Antiquities be added to the skill line area of the crown store? It is by far the most painful of the skill lines to level on alts and that is after you factor in the likes of alliance war, psijic, mages guild, and ledgerdermain.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 4, 2023 3:39PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can get lots of gold whilst leveling the antiquity skill lines so why not do it?
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find antiquities fun to level on new characters - that's how they get the money for riding lessons.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why on earth would anyone need Antiquities on more than one character?
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

I like all mine to have it - i hate having to keep track of leads and swap to someone else to dig them. Plus as I said, on newbies, that's where they get their gold for riding lessons.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Glowy chests.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't except for the skill that makes chests glow. Which is a useful skill to have since zos likes to place such things in out of the way places and hide them in the backround scenery

• UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably never. Antiquities skill line is what ZOS uses to sell Greymoor.
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    you can get lots of gold whilst leveling the antiquity skill lines so why not do it?

Because it's a horribly annoying and boring grind; probably the worst grind in the game.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably never. Antiquities skill line is what ZOS uses to sell Greymoor.

I would agree except that greymoor is several chapters back now and dlc. Psijic skill line is there and you need summerset to get that one and it's a combat skill line.

Greymoor access is still needed to use the skill as well.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

Not really. You can get some the first time you level it, after that if you want to level it up on alts it's a horrible slow and painful grindfest.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • HushAzrael
    HushAzrael
    ✭✭✭
    I have never successfully managed to level this skill line on any other character other than my main. It’s just way too grindy and annoying. For the love of all things holy, TAKE MY MONEY, ZOS!!!!! Psijic isn’t even half as bad as this one. Require the single achievement on a character like every other achievement based item in the crown store, and take my money please!
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't believe some people go to all the effort to grind it out on every character lol, especially if you find it boring. I wonder whether there's a return-on-investment for all the time it takes, but I sorta doubt it. My 1 character who has it does see more chests, but not many more and the loot isn't great anyway. Games will totally suck up our free time with minor optimizations, if we let them.

It should definitely be a Crown store item though, because people clearly value it enough to grind it over and over.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • polaris86
    polaris86
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind scrying but I NEED Keen Eyes on all my characters and getting to level 7 absolutely sucks. I would seriously consider paying for the skill line if they had it.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone watch the U39 preview stream?

Your prayers will be answered.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw. I do wish they had added some Antiquity relief to ESO Plus, but now that they have a bypass, there is little hope for that and people who don't want to spend Crowns have to suffer through the excessive grind they created (which, of course, drives Crown store purchases.... gotta create the problem to sell a solution... right?)
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus