The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Class Change Tokens = Spellcrafting?

SirItchyFawn
SirItchyFawn
✭✭
Simple token for crowns no no no... let's brainstorm a little
Spellcrafting Station + Antiquity like hunting for perks/skills to unlock classes (kind of like mythic items)

thoughts?
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like spellcrafting. Btw, spellcrafting was basically done. They were showing it off and everything back in 2015. They just hadn't worked out the questline and such yet from what I can tell, and maybe how the skill line worked as a player since they were mainly showing off skills and such.

Personally, I like the idea of spellcrafting, but the idea behind it is also limiting. It limits the crafting mechanic to spells, so making it more open ended with skills is better, since it wouldn't be magic only, but allow for more stamina based stuff.

It's probably not gonna happen though. If spellcrafting was going to happen, it would have happened years ago. Seems like dead content that they have no intention of reviving, which is really a shame.
    Edited by merpins on May 31, 2023 7:48PM
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wat
  • Credible_Joe
    Credible_Joe
    ✭✭✭
    I've thought about this before. Whenever I lobby for a class change token, my go-to sentiment is that Elder Scrolls is fundamentally an experience about defining your character however you want, and that concept of classes is diametrically opposed to that experience, especially since you're locked in to your first decision.

I always say you should be able to define your character, no questions asked.

However, if a class change is straight up impossible as far as technical limitations go, a good alternative would be giving access to other classes' skills via quest or spell crafting.

Not all of them. I'd say a standard 5 slot skill tree, plus ult, plus passives (maybe spell crafting specific passives, as opposed to class passives, which wouldn't work well unless you commit all 5 slots to one specific class skill tree). Pick'n'choose, mix'n'match from all available class skills. That way, you can give your character more definition without dismantling their original identity.

Plus, you'd be able to sample any new class without having to retire a character, if you have a full roster. I know new classes usually come with a roster expansion, but in case you're full on the base nine and don't want to spend extra for a new slot, this could be convenient.
    Thank you for coming to my T E D talk
  • jad11mumbler
    jad11mumbler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

merpins wrote: »
    . Btw, spellcrafting was basically done.

You and I have very different meanings on "basically done".

174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.