The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So many empty buildings

Mystic_wolf479
Mystic_wolf479
✭✭✭
So there’s a ton of empty houses, buildings, houses with chains across the doors and houses with nobody ever in them.
Why not just make every one of these locations a player house? Live ewherever the hell you want.
Anyone agree?
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    agree!i want to have a small cottage near Amaya lake when i start play eso,its suitable for a dunmer beginner ;)
    Edited by evymyu233 on June 1, 2023 3:20AM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the Three Banners War, it's destroyed the Tamriel housing market.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The chained doors are the universal sign for 'We don't have time / resources to create playable spaces behind the facade, but we need to have buildings to fill space.'
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are perfect spots to add houses
  • Mystic_wolf479
    Mystic_wolf479
    ✭✭✭
    I’m so glad everyone seems to agree.
    There you go ZOS, something fun to do for the players.
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    As great as that would be to add in dozens of more houses, it would be hell to do it.

I would rather see the chains there and know its 'barred off' than a door that looks like you can go inside but then does nothing when you click on it.

Barred off doors like that are more represented as a mundane location that you shouldn't be all that interested in. It's also better to have chained doors than no door or all or putting a wall/fence up to just keep you from getting to it.

I would love to see more houses but...
    1. Dev team can only work so fast
    2. You can only make so many unique houses
    3. No one wants to see a dozen cookie-cutter houses in different locations. (I know I don't)
    4. Think of the poor server load!
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)