The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What race do you choose for your first Arcanist

• AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Most of my characters are Khajiit - I have a test one made so I can get the looks just right when the time comes, plus another holding its name.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    But, I won't build new character anymore actually.
    I have 3 girls, and good enough for me.
    I'm tired of grinding new character even for the new class.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    bosmer and then altmer to make a fake maormer
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Gingaroth
    Gingaroth
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial
    I'll play a tiny, fat Imperial healer, an adaptation of my 2nd ever D&D character (a bookish halfling wizard). Arcanist finally seems like a class that fits him.

My second Arcanist will be a Nord dd, who I'll probably roleplay as a Reachman.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    I'm leaning towards Breton but might change my mind.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Dark Elf and Argonian
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard
    and Khajiit on my old main account PC NA. Followed by Altmer and Bosmer 2nd account PC NA; Breton and Bosmer, 3rd account NA; Redguard and Altmer 1st account PC EU; Imperial and Altmer 2nd account EU; Breton and Bosmer 3rd account EU.

They're distributed as they are depending on what preponderance of races already on each account. I never play Nord, Argonian, Orc, or Dunmer.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like with Necromancer, Arcanist doesn't fit me, so I won't be making one.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Melivar
    Melivar
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial
    Imperial for some flexibility, thought about a Dunmer but I just don't care for them much.
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    My Arcanaeum, my rules.

Off the main topic, but I heard his voice as I read that :)
    Mainly because I've been playing Skyrim again lately (Anniversary Edition)
    This time on a 27-inch curved monitor and fast PC
    Whole new game compared to the first time around with the 15-inch HD monitor and low-end PC
    Like a whole new game:
    And a good reminder of where much of ESO comes from
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    I'd originally planned on going with an Altmer due to the damage reduction while channeling Fatecarver, which seems especially nice for a solo player like me. But seeing as I'm not really the biggest fan of High Elves, I decided I'll go with a Khajiit instead.
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Argonian. I think it fits their aesthetic pretty well and I am planning to make a support build so both heal and tank will go nicely.
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Kahjiit
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nord
    Mine's Skaal. It's a long story, but I'm really excited about it.

I spent quite a bit of time on PTS to get his look right so I could get him started day one. Especially after I was playing around and got the most awesome battle screenshot I've ever taken.
    4bkkyp3420u3.png
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    more money for writs on another crafting char 😂
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    I'm not sure yet if I'll make an arcanist, but if I do, the race will be Imperial. I only play with that one, so it's an easy choice.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm either going High Elf, Khajiit, or Argonian. Depends on if I come up with an entertaining enough name for Khajiit or Argonian. If not, High Elf.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine's Skaal. It's a long story, but I'm really excited about it.

I spent quite a bit of time on PTS to get his look right so I could get him started day one. Especially after I was playing around and got the most awesome battle screenshot I've ever taken.
    4bkkyp3420u3.png

Love that! There’s even an expression on his face!! 😂
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    I will probably default to imperial once again

But I really want to try something else, looking at nord, orc or argonian

I have tried the elves plenty of times and never could stick with one, breton and redguard fit the basic human style but I would rather pick imperial than either of them, and I generally dislike the voice lines of the khajiit

Nord would be the easiest to get a nice looking character on and the passives would be nice for pvp/solo/tanking. I have never had an orc in this game and the passives just look nice between damage, movement speed and a tiny bit of self healing. Lastly argonian, the race is a bit special to me as it is what I did my first and longest play through of skyrim on and it has some balanced (although lackluster) passives that would let it succeed in many roles

I am having a tough time planning this out and time is running out.
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    First will be Altmer. Then an Imperial for a stam one.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Khajit are the obvious choice for dps because the arcanist gets a 12% passive crit damage boost and Khajit will crank that up to 24%, it also gets passive pen so you can focus crit chance. For healing its a toss up between Altmer for the damage reduction and Argonian for the healing done.
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    My first Lady Liz!
    Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosmer
    For some reason I've never tried that race in any TES game.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breton
    If I were going to play Arcanist, I'd pick Breton. I'd want to play magicka-focused and I hear that Arcanist has weaker sustain, overall. Plus, Breton's are one of the best-looking races in the game. Also, Breton Arcanist Witch character seems like a cool concept.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure yet. Orc? Khajiit? Bosmer?
    I really don‘t know.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • kyatos_binarini
    kyatos_binarini
    ✭✭✭
    there should be option "not going to create arcanist"
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Khajiit for my first Arcanist, I have an RP background for them in mind. Not sure yet about the second spec, though probably Dark Elf for the stats.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Danikat wrote: »
    Orc.

I've had an idea in mind for an orc sorcerer for a while but never made him because I already have a sorcerer and don't play him much because I don't like the class, so making a second one would be pointless. But the character idea can work just as well as an arcanist and then it'll be less redundant and more useful.

Orcanist
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Khajiit for me, as I have a magicka dps for every class as a Khajiit. Also don't like stinky elves.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly I am not sure, I always pick breton for sustain but for some reason a green glowing khajit sounds so fun and idk