The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quests That Are Glitched, Bugged Etc.

Trickut
Trickut
So, as most, if not all ESO players know, some of the quests in the game are glitching or are bugged, or they're quests in which only one player can be doing it at a time like the 'Prove Your Self' quest where you must defeat 3 of the orc hunters. I've created this post for players who have figured out ways around these bugs, glitches etc.
  • Trickut
    Trickut
    Tip: Prove your self quest can be completed by getting lucky and not many people are around while you're doing the quest, but what I did is I waited till about 12-2am when there isnt a lot of people online, and I got the quest completed that way.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not individual quests that are bugged, the mechanics to trigger quest steps are appearantly not robust enough to deal with heavy population. That's why people playing in off hours will usually encounter no issues at all while during prime time it can feel like every other quest doesn't work.

The tried and (somewhat) proven method is to relog until you get into a sparsely populated copy of the zone. Hardly ideal, but for the time being probably your best option.
  • Hitokiri_Battousai
    simple fix i think, would be an option to manually switch to a different instance/channel.
  • Kingspian
    Kingspian
    ✭✭
    1 quest still bugged. On the Horizion quest. I went back to check I couldn't complete that quest. Just a heads up. Keep the bugged quest coming in. It helps ESO to fix the problems before the game release. Thanks guys to posting this topic.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blessing of the Eigth (AD), I can't focus the rune at the shrines.

Banisched Cell, the priests don't complete the ritual after the final boss.

And on Auridon the quest where you have to get items from 8 chests with Spirits near the chests. I forgot the name of the quest but it's a lvl 14 quest I believe. I can't see 3 of the 8 chests.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer