Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Snake in the Stars - not affected by Thurmaturge despite being a DOT

Heals_With_Orbs
Heals_With_Orbs
✭✭✭
It appears this set needs some clarification.

This set is not buffed by the Thurmaturge CP skill (increases damage over time) while DOT's other sets like Plaguebreak are

I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but if it is, I would like this to be mentioned in the set description, the way Torugs Pact states that oblivion damage is an exception to the 5th bonus.

There's too much guess work in ESO. Another example is the decrease health enchantment "deals oblivion damage based on a portion of a players max health" - but it doesnt tell you what that portion / percentage is

IF ZOS are too busy to sort out these little things, because they are minor "attention to detail" tasks, give me a job - I will do it free of charge!

Edited by ZOS_Kraken on May 30, 2023 2:06PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably because it's oblivion damage and it is what it is, cannot be buffed etc
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think star venom is a dot per se. It's a debuff that only does damage when the target is healed.
  • ZOS_Kraken
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion damage is a constant value not affected by user's percentage buffs but also ignoring enemy resistances and dmg reduction.
    Edited by Galeriano on May 30, 2023 3:06PM
  • Heals_With_Orbs
    Heals_With_Orbs
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Probably because it's oblivion damage and it is what it is, cannot be buffed etc

It is increased by anything that says "increased your damage by x" though

For example these items below

Malacaths band of brutality (mythic ring) +16%
    Slimecraw (Monster set) +5%
    Shieldbreaker (set) + 6% and double that to players with a damage shield

For instance the damage as it stands on my build was 1310, but with Malacaths + Slimecraw (+21%) it is 1556

gp5tooyu31o5.png
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's because it's not a DOT. It does no constant-value damage over time. For example, if you cast it on someone and they didn't heal at all then the set would deal no damage, hence not a DOT. It is conditional direct damage that fires each time that somebody heals.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

It is increased by anything that says "increased your damage by x" though

For example these items below

Malacaths band of brutality (mythic ring) +16%
    Slimecraw (Monster set) +5%
    Shieldbreaker (set) + 6% and double that to players with a damage shield

For instance the damage as it stands on my build was 1310, but with Malacaths + Slimecraw (+21%) it is 1556

gp5tooyu31o5.png

It's not. Tooltips are affected but the real values are not. Despite having a tooltip of 1556 You will still be dealing 1310 dmg to the enemy.
    Edited by Galeriano on May 30, 2023 7:57PM
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not really a DoT. It is damage that is triggered by a heal. This is why it is not buffed by Thaumaturge or Deadly Strike. However, you can buff it with Draugrkin and it can be quite nasty under this scenario.