The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How to avoid mistakes selling on Guild Traders.

Psyphiman
Psyphiman
Hi, I posted my first sale on a Guild Store today. It was two Deadlands maps. Unfortunately, I sold them for 250 gold each. Apparently the going rate is 250K each!

I am having a hard time knowing what to sell and for how much. I think I’m either selling things for too much or too little. I’m sure experienced players who know the market don’t have to sweat their prices. Is this just a learning curve every new player has to go through?

Are there by chance any trading guilds who are accepting new members?
Edited by Psyphiman on May 30, 2023 4:42AM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, that happens but you're learning through it indeed. What's server and platform you're on? Advice might be quite different for pc and consoles plus you're asked for guilds so region might be quite useful there.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tamriel trade center is a website and an addon. Can check prices and search traders on the website, no matter platform. I sell around the max suggested, bit higher if I have a good trader.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Psyphiman
    Psyphiman
    Hey, that happens but you're learning through it indeed. What's server and platform you're on? Advice might be quite different for pc and consoles plus you're asked for guilds so region might be quite useful there.

I am playing on PC NA.

• colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it's PC than I'd highly suggest getting Master Merchant to have easy access to your guilds selling data for forming your prices, as for TTC suggested before you might go on its website also for a manual check for recently listed items of the same kind/literally same items to see at least estimates for your region. Pricing wise you can list it for higher values especially when your guild have no competition over same goods (just check your guilds listing tab to see what people already listed such things for) but don't expect a fast sale and be ready to change prices with time. Or simply cut the price a bit or just lower than your guild mates for a faster sale, but be cautious to not go too low to not screw other guildies with their sales.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend getting a trade addon. The most popular are Master Merchant, Arkadius' Trade Tools and Tamriel Trade Centre. They're mainly aimed at dedicated traders and give a lot of data on your sales and purchases, stats etc. which you probably don't need but importantly they also give recommended prices for items in your inventory. You can always turn off or ignore the bits you don't need. I recommend trying all of them and see which one/s you prefer.

The advantage of Master Merchant and Arkadius' Trade Tools for pricing data are that they base it on actual sales in your guild stores, so it's more likely to be accurate. The downside is because it's only based on your guilds' data it can be slow to adjust as prices change (for example new motifs dropping in price as more people farm them) and may not have prices for everything if you're not in at least one big trading guild.

Tamriel Trade Centre uses data from all the guilds with traders, so it's more likely to have recommended prices and they will shift to follow trends more quickly but it's based on items currently listed, not ones which have sold so it can inflate prices. (For example the other day it told me the maximum price for 1 lockpick was 1 million gold, and that's obviously not going to sell.) But I find the suggested prices fairly accurate.

Tamriel Trade Centre also has a website you can use to search for items to buy. I find it incredibly useful because I find the alternative of checking traders basically at random hoping to stumble on the item I want at a reasonable price a complete waste of time. Until I found out about TTC I basically never bought from guild traders because it's just not worth the hassle for me.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Psyphiman
    Psyphiman
    Thanks for the advice, everyone.