The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is nirn better than coral riptide/ansuul’s torment?

Nyseto
Nyseto
✭✭✭
Was looking at deltia’s stamina Arcanist pve dps build and he has 5x deadly strikes with 5x nirn. For solo stamina Arcanist however, he has 5x deadly strikes and 5x ansuul’s torment/coral.

Why is that?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sustain from armor passives?
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

You’re saying nirn is better sustain than ansuul’s torment? What do you mean
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nyseto wrote: »

I am not seeing that on Deltia's page. I am seeing Whorl of the Depths (light armor) for Magicka Arcanist and Pillar of Nirn (medium armor) for Stamina Arcanist. Both make sense in terms of the armor weight passives to help with sustain of your primary resource.
  • Mansk90
    Mansk90
    As I see Ansuul's Torment better for shorter fights (it gives some extra base damage), plus the extra percent for interrupting an enemy easier to gain (less competition). Pillar of Nirn DoT gives more damage (more than 7% on trial dummy) on longer fights, even without Deadly Strike.

Edit: THE TOP DPS GEAR in the Elder Scrolls Online | Complete Guide Updated for the Necrom Chapter!
    Edited by Mansk90 on May 30, 2023 12:59PM
    "I fight because I fight. I fight for we few who fight so that all the fighting already fought hasn't been for nothing." - Ulfric Stormcloak on a typical Stormcloak rally.
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    Nyseto wrote: »

I am not seeing that on Deltia's page. I am seeing Whorl of the Depths (light armor) for Magicka Arcanist and Pillar of Nirn (medium armor) for Stamina Arcanist. Both make sense in terms of the armor weight passives to help with sustain of your primary resource.

The solo stamarc build on his page has ansuul’s. You’re looking at the pve dps one