Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best single set for an ice warden off tank

derkaiserliche
derkaiserliche
✭✭✭✭
What set you guys directly think about when you have to choose one set to build your ice warden with?

50% health and 50% points spent in magicka. (Off tank build)
Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 29, 2023 5:03PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    frozen watcher, nunatak, and glacial guardian
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    The main tank will almost certainly be running Yolo (Yolnakriin), but some great off tank sets are, of course, Powerful Assault (assuming a healer isn't already running it), Roar of Alkosh, if the group has a number of stamina toons, Crimson Oath Rive is a great set. Olorime could even be used as a little more niche off tank role, or heck even Worm Raiment if the group is mostly Magicka.

Lots of great options. However, a lot depends on what the MT is running, and the healers.

If I absolutely had to pick one set above all, Powerful Assault. Really good support set for trials.
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perfected pearlescent saxheel powerful assault pillagers EC crimson are all common
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

Thematically fitting but trial-wise this would be awful.

Usually I see OT in Saxhleel/PA but it depends on the group, just collect the common OT sets used in your guild or if you’re pugging I guess just go for Sax/PA. I don’t know what monster set OTs use nowadays.

If you mean off tank as in half DPS half Tank then you’d be getting different answers. I don’t know how possible a DPS/Tank hybrid is but I guess depends on what you’re doing.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

Usually I see OT in Saxhleel/PA but it depends on the group, just collect the common OT sets used in your guild or if you’re pugging I guess just go for Sax/PA. I don’t know what monster set OTs use nowadays.

If you mean off tank as in half DPS half Tank then you’d be getting different answers. I don’t know how possible a DPS/Tank hybrid is but I guess depends on what you’re doing.

yea i only gave those suggestions because of ice warden. i wasnt sure if the post was for an ice warden themed build or just an off tank build
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

yea i only gave those suggestions because of ice warden. i wasnt sure if the post was for an ice warden themed build or just an off tank build

Frozen Watcher is a fun set for dungeon tanking. Nunatak might be one of the biggest bait-and-switch tank sets out there as it just doesn't work they way its supposed to.

For trials, I usually use the Saxheel/PA combo if the healer is not running PA. If the healer is wearing PA, than Crimson Oath. Pearlescent can be a good alternative for Saxheel.