The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there an 'Am I Crouched' Addon?

Unknown_Redemption
Unknown_Redemption
✭✭✭✭✭
I know there is an addon for 'Am I Blocking' and "Stun Notification' but I am curious if there is any addon to indicate if I am crouching?

I often find myself losing track of being crouched while trying to leave combat. This is due to cloak weaving, high movement speed, and lag. There is a very slight camera movement between standing and crouching, which isn't noticeable enough when a lot is going on - and <Invisible> takes UI priority over <Hidden>.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't see the squinty eye icon?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While invisible it gets overridden, which causes issues in PVP; as I need to ensure I am going into sneak while invisible and not popping back up.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look at this addon, you can probably modify it to do what you need: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/download1650-MiatsStealthText
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love MiatsStealthText and use it, I dont know how to modify any addons.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately there is no way by the API to detect if you are crouching and invisible or just invisible, afaik.
    The icon at the crosshair shows you the current state and that's about the danger addons could do, so basically you got what is possible already.

Even if one would try to save the last state before invisible it could change during you invis time by getting detected and then the problems to properly detect that would start (as you said already: lag,...). The game does that before the lua code of addons trigger so it would be best to rely on the given info, and not try another addon to improve that: which should be impossible due to the fact that the addon would even come after vanilla game code, so it adds another delay (even if minimal) there.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree, I often click the button a few times to find out if I'm crouched.Especially when wearing a disguise as it shows the same icon. (If I like a disguise I sometimes wear it for a few days after finishing the disguise quest)
    Edited by Mesite on June 1, 2023 5:46PM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is no way by the API to detect if you are crouching and invisible or just invisible, afaik.
    The icon at the crosshair shows you the current state and that's about the danger addons could do, so basically you got what is possible already.

Even if one would try to save the last state before invisible it could change during you invis time by getting detected and then the problems to properly detect that would start (as you said already: lag,...). The game does that before the lua code of addons trigger so it would be best to rely on the given info, and not try another addon to improve that: which should be impossible due to the fact that the addon would even come after vanilla game code, so it adds another delay (even if minimal) there.
    What I had in mind when I suggested Miat's addon above was that we could check if the character is crouched by checking that the stealth state is not NONE, as per the enumeration below:
    StealthState
    STEALTH_STATE_DETECTED
    STEALTH_STATE_HIDDEN
    STEALTH_STATE_HIDDEN_ALMOST_DETECTED
    STEALTH_STATE_HIDING
    STEALTH_STATE_NONE
    STEALTH_STATE_STEALTH
    STEALTH_STATE_STEALTH_ALMOST_DETECTED

Is that feasible? I've done almost no ESO UI coding.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miats already uses these stealth states, that's what I meant with the stealth event send by the server. If the event says you are inviable then it does not show if you are crouched (stealthed) until the event fires again. There are no different events, just the same, and just one "current stealth" state.

You could maybe change Miats to show something different at the reticle if your state is not none, but it would most probably break all the other states then as Miats uses those too to show info at the reticle.