Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2 pc skoria or 1 pc skoria+mora’s whispers (all books)?

Nyseto
Nyseto
✭✭✭
You already have plenty of DoTs, so which would be better for most group content?
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to tell without knowing which content you want to play and also really depends on your group. Both options are quite far away from current meta if you are aiming for that.

That said, if you have already a high crit chance through trait and mundus and plenty of DoTs in your build, I would definitely go for 2 pc skoria.

It has also one of the best visual proc animations imo, those meteors are still awesome after all that years.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »
    Hard to tell without knowing which content you want to play and also really depends on your group. Both options are quite far away from current meta if you are aiming for that.

That said, if you have already a high crit chance through trait and mundus and plenty of DoTs in your build, I would definitely go for 2 pc skoria.

It has also one of the best visual proc animations imo, those meteors are still awesome after all that years.

What’s the current meta and what counts as high enough crit chance?
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Won't talk about meta here, it's quite easy to find anywhere on the web using google.

Regarding crit chance you will be fine around 60-70% normally.

It's quite hard to go into further detail without knowing anything about your build tho.
    Edited by Braffin on May 28, 2023 11:22PM
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    Won't talk about meta here, it's quite easy to find anywhere on the web using google.

Regarding crit chance you will be fine around 60-70% normally.

It's quite hard to go into further detail without knowing anything about your build tho.

I’m a Dark Elf NB. 5x coral, 5x nirn. Mora’s, skoria guise, thief mundus. I’m at 49% crit chance.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming your stats are unbuffed your crit chance is well, as it will be around 60% fully buffed.

In this case I would stay with mora's for now (so you have enough crit) and switch skoria completely if you don't need the extra pen.

You could get any monster piece giving you weapons dmg (velidreth or selene for example), a piece with max stamina (as domihaus or maarselok) could pair well with coral (given the painful micromanagement^^), or you could slimecraw for even more crit.

But all in all I'd say with your setup you're good to go for all vetcontent in general.

Ps: If you're playing a twohander on your backbar, definitely get one from vma.
    Edited by Braffin on May 29, 2023 12:00AM
    ---
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming your stats are unbuffed your crit chance is well, as it will be around 60% fully buffed.

In this case I would stay with mora's for now (so you have enough crit) and switch skoria completely if you don't need the extra pen.

You could get any monster piece giving you weapons dmg (velidreth or selene for example), a piece with max stamina (as domihaus or maarselok) could pair well with coral (given the painful micromanagement^^), or you could slimecraw for even more crit.

But all in all I'd say with your setup you're good to go for all vetcontent in general.

Ps: If you're playing a twohander on your backbar, definitely get one from vma.

I’ve got merciless on back bar (not perfected). I’m not planning to go get perfected given that I’m dead set on Arcanist.