The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are there bots still around in PVE zones, etc?

oMrRust
oMrRust
✭✭✭✭
I only ask cause I was just doing a quest within Glenumbra, saw another doing it as well and the name shown, and oddness around them reminded me of how years back, We could find few people that looked like players but were actually bots, stacking on eachother, fighting same enemies, etc. Seeing that within a quest, just one person it was. (Not saying they were a bot) but curious, are there bots still around or were they patched away so having bots around is very slim to none.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not so much on PC, but they are rampant on Console, where making a new account is as easy as adding a new user to the system and booting up the game.

The tell tale sign for bots on Xbox is to check the gamertag. If it says "logging in" under the status, it's a bot.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play on PSEU and I can confirm that they are rampant. Multiple bots camping nodes in starter areas. Clone armies killing mudcrabs.

To be fairrrrrrr, I know myself and other people are reporting them, and the good people at Zos whose job it is do react pretty quickly, because they get booted. Unfortunately, it doesn't take long before they're replaced.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not farming that much materials myself, but often wander around overland maps quite slowly and don't see characters which make me think they could be bots. This is for PC EU btw.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven’t seen any on PC NA in a good long while, and I have checked some known bot locations before to see none. Though it has been awhile since I last checked. May be a good idea to see if there’s any.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    There has certainly been a purge on Xbox-EU.

It is amazing how many resources are available on Khenarthi's and Betnikh.

Or maybe it was one person with many bots.

Either way, they are noticeable in their absence. :)
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On pseu there are alot of bots in starter zones
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tons of level 3 black naked with white hair Khajiit sorcs with scamp and 1 non combat pet running around PS NA starter islands. Seems to be the new model.
    More bots than players.
  • Rinlan_Darius
    Rinlan_Darius
    ✭✭✭
    It is not bots that should be banned, but their owners, those who daily put up for sale in trade guilds such an amount of resources that an ordinary player will not collect even in a few years.
    The record for bots on PS-NA - the prices for resources there are the lowest of all four console servers.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still see plenty of bots around. (EU)
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »

Platform?
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not hard to find the bot owners in trading guilds, they have endless stock of gold mats.

If I see them im pretty sure Zos sees them also but pretending they have no clue.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn’t be surprised. I usually see some up near Forelhost, and I have seen a major uptick in gold sellers. Hopefully they can wrangle it soon.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Shagreth wrote: »

Platform?
    PC. I reported 2 bots this week alone in Stonefalls. It's nothing like back when the game launched, it can be sporadic, but yeah, bots are very much still around. Also, tons of bots that auto-fish.
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    Tons of level 3 black naked with white hair Khajiit sorcs with scamp and 1 non combat pet running around PS NA starter islands. Seems to be the new model.
    More bots than players.

Yup, I'm also on PS NA, and have noticed this new "trend". The non combat pet is definitely new, before it was just naked sorcs with a scamp. Every once in awhile you see one with a dirt cheap crown store outfit on, but those are becoming extinct.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I reported a bot on Auridon recently and within 48 hours had character name violation warnings for 3 of my characters, which had been the same for years. Seems to be that trying to do the right thing can come back to bight you.

I see most bots in starter areas (PSNA), but as I only go there for antiquity leads, and don't buy materials, I ignore them. I feel ZOS could do more to get rid of them but don't really care that much (I also think the crown seller GOLDSWAT is more of a problem).
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There will always be bots as long as they can make money off eso. There is always someone willing to put their game and credit info at risk.

• Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    I reported a bot on Auridon recently and within 48 hours had character name violation warnings for 3 of my characters, which had been the same for years. Seems to be that trying to do the right thing can come back to bight you.

I see most bots in starter areas (PSNA), but as I only go there for antiquity leads, and don't buy materials, I ignore them. I feel ZOS could do more to get rid of them but don't really care that much (I also think the crown seller GOLDSWAT is more of a problem).

I see those sellers in like every base game city. ZOS needs to do something about it.

@zos_kevin this is what I was messaging you about, anything you can do to help?
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    (I also think the crown seller GOLDSWAT is more of a problem).

I agree, but I also think it's a waste of time to report them as nothing seems to be done about it.
  • oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    I should also note, that I am PC/NA by the way.

That Goldswat ad. I'm PC/NA i'll add. I just saw that post relating to Goldswat in Glenumbra last night advertising their 'website', etc. By how it looked, it looked very sketchy.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oMrRust wrote: »
    I should also note, that I am PC/NA by the way.

That Goldswat ad. I'm PC/NA i'll add. I just saw that post relating to Goldswat in Glenumbra last night advertising their 'website', etc. By how it looked, it looked very sketchy.

It's been going on for a while now, the ESO account name changes its last few characters every now and then, but is always Goldswat, maybe because there are multiple accounts, or they get shut down. Always references the same website though.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More bots than players.

Yup, I'm also on PS NA, and have noticed this new "trend". The non combat pet is definitely new, before it was just naked sorcs with a scamp. Every once in awhile you see one with a dirt cheap crown store outfit on, but those are becoming extinct.

There are also a lot of them in Craglorn too.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos is really good about banning farming bots on PCNA. Unfortunately its why the price of mats are sooo high. Bots do increase farming competition but greatly lower the cost of mats which helps newer players.
    Edited by SimonThesis on May 29, 2023 4:17AM
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, yeah!

Mostly sorcs with 2 pets, going runaround sue in a dolmen, why bother with them, you wont get a medal reporting them.
    Edited by jtm1018 on May 29, 2023 6:49AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not bots that should be banned, but their owners, those who daily put up for sale in trade guilds such an amount of resources that an ordinary player will not collect even in a few years.
    The record for bots on PS-NA - the prices for resources there are the lowest of all four console servers.
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    Its not hard to find the bot owners in trading guilds, they have endless stock of gold mats.

If I see them im pretty sure Zos sees them also but pretending they have no clue.

It isn't wise to assume that any player with a huge amount of resources for sale must be a bot owner, because there are a lot of players who buy up resources at low prices and then resell at higher prices; even a slight markup will net them a profit.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    If its a naked sorc with 2 pets then it's a bot

Not to be confused with me running around
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

It isn't wise to assume that any player with a huge amount of resources for sale must be a bot owner, because there are a lot of players who buy up resources at low prices and then resell at higher prices; even a slight markup will net them a profit.

Not only that but there are players with Crafting Bags filled with years and years of farmed mats that could decide to start selling them at any moment.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Rinlan_Darius
    Rinlan_Darius
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Not only that but there are players with Crafting Bags filled with years and years of farmed mats that could decide to start selling them at any moment.

Yes, yes, and when you go to PSN to check this "player" he is level 4 and has 0 achievements in the game, but at the same time he sells as many resources in five trading guilds as I do, playing this game for 9 years for 12 hours a day does not I will collect for 100 years. And yes, dozens of letters to the support with a list of dozens of such "sellers" and with proof why they are scammers - just letters to nowhere.
  • Rinlan_Darius
    Rinlan_Darius
    ✭✭✭
    And yes, you only get support strikes for being TOXIC.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭

on ps you can easily see the ones selling bot farmed mats, im not talking about anyone selling high amounts once, twice or three times but those Who sell stacks of gold mats in a endless amount over and over i can bet you money that I have at least 5 names that sell bot mats.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

on ps you can easily see the ones selling bot farmed mats, im not talking about anyone selling high amounts once, twice or three times but those Who sell stacks of gold mats in a endless amount over and over i can bet you money that I have at least 5 names that sell bot mats.

A lot of rich people aka crown sellers store their money as gold mats to protect it from inflation. So they'll buy up like 200 chromium plating and sell them again when its high.
    Edited by SimonThesis on May 29, 2023 8:09PM