The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Necrom: what will you do first?

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭

Necrom: what will you do first? 225 votes

Playing the Arcanist
23%
MaddjujuJarndyceDarcyMardinfreespiritAlienSlofhans.johansson1958b16_ESOShagrethSorakaStrib407athekaCendrillion21Grimreaper2000SevalaricgirlmeekeyceeSedoUmbraMartoOberon45CadburyAzrael_1976Dark_Lord_Kuro 53 votes
Power-level the Arcanist
12%
calitrumanb14_ESOkypranb14_ESODaiKahnwhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESOLylithmitebaRagnarok0130paulsimonpsThe UninvitedVampiricByNatureTyrobagBenTSGmsettensp_korshunJierdanitkarthrag_inakHappyDanIWinWithPewPewtonyblackSketchy 29 votes
Kill 20 Arcanists
1%
Zoltan_117AztriasBlodreinaxDeusEJRx 4 votes
Pick up Azandar / Sharp-as-Night
17%
GlassHalfFullWuffyCeruleiKhenarthiQuietPanda_22lion_heart_2000ub17_ESOphaneub17_ESOSilverBrideLiedekeSarannahSatanicSisterADarkloreBo0137SamuelDraconisTommy_The_GunSnowy_Wyndra_KarnFroilMonte_CristoAshyachublueprudenceWildRaptorX 39 votes
Pick up Isobel / Ember (High Isles now a DLC)
0%
Go on about my days as usual
9%
ninibiniTreselegantshadyjane62KaspymeekmikoKlauthWarthogOnomosNord_RasericolossalvoidsSeaGtGruffMichaeGOAT4EVARmarkulrich1966AscarlWySoSiriusDreamyLuixthUAbugSoul-Forged-BranchTechMaybeHic 21 votes
Read Natch Potes
12%
sarahvhoffb14_ESOSheezabeastElsonsoTerraDewBerryBloodyStigmataDemigogOtarTheMaderdbeerheldkalunteLadyHeloiseGiantFruitFlyMrGarlicAshrynN3CR01BoraxFluxburty61Rasande_RobinWiseSkyNeatleTenthirty2 27 votes
Complain about...
1%
AvalonRangerjad11mumblerlemonizzleSiantar 4 votes
None of your business!
0%
FR0STDEEjoergino 2 votes
Obligatory Other Option
20%
Kendaricseanaseb17_ESOJames-WayneDelgentAdaaryeSheridanDestaiVevvevlillybitrobwolf666fizl101disintegr8ArchMikemRaddlemanNumber7PhaedrathallassaTheImperfectaaisoahoSilverIce58Seminolegirl1992Sturmfaenger 46 votes
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Playing the Arcanist
    Heal people on my arcantist!
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean... I will create my 2 arcanists in the first week, but then I'll park them by the stables for a few months, until they're not frustrating to play with.

My main focus in the meantime will be my usual questing/adventuring with my other characters while getting to know the new companions.
    PC-EU
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing the Arcanist
    Slowly level an Arcanist Healer :)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll visit the zone on my main and start exploring it, but without doing the quests yet. I'll save the quests for after I've finally played through High Isle and Galen.

I'll create a new Arcanist character, but I'll take my time with it as far as leveling and questing.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Probably: start with the zone main quest, then hunt for leads, start levelling the arcanist, do the new trial on vet. After all that, complete the lead hunt, complete the arcanist levelling, and then complete the quests. And in that order.
  • Volrath
    Volrath
    ✭✭
    what's Necrom?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Open my "free" Crown Crate, and then forget all about it.
    PC EU
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read Natch Potes
    Reading the patch notes will be the first thing I'd do.
    After that playing an arcanist, to enjoy & accustom myself with the new powers.

Not sure if PvP will be teeming with arcanists on the first day, have a good fight for those that do :)

• Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    I'll go shopping at the regular furniture vendor there, then go exploring the zone, play tourist and activate wayshrines.
    PC/EU
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will create two arcanists right away, haven't planned what they will look like so it may take a while in character creation. Get all 6 companions on them and will unlock all their crafting dailies. After that I will unlock both new companions on all my other characters. This wil probably take two/three/four days or so, given that players on the PTS are complaining about the long quests.

Only then will I start playing the arcanists one by one. Get them both to 50, while starting the new zone(s) on them.
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    When I get Necrom in the autumn sale (because I'm not that interested in Dunmer, and quite fed up with Daedric realms stuff) the first thing I do will be to quest through and explore the new zones. Picking up the new companions along the way (assuming they are placed in the zones, like the others were).

I don't think I'll make an Arcanist. I only have one main character (Imperial Dragonknight) with whom I play all the content (since starting, back in 2016). Because he's averse to illegal activities, but I was interested in things like the Morrowind steal-only style pages, I made a 2nd character, a lovely Khajiit lady I play now and then. Made a Breton Templar this year to see if Oakensoul HA builds really allow someone like me to play through harder things on my own, or with a friend, so if I want to farm things there I can do that at my own schedule. I level her here and there, when I find the time.
    So I have no need (or time) for another character, and even if that was the case, someone wielding Daedric powers through some bizarre symbiotic Daedric tome would probably be quite low on the list (right above Necromancer)...

Don't really do PvP, don't care much about patch notes, and bought High Isle last year (and did the content there, including companions), so the other options don't fit. Maybe "Go on about my days as usual - but now in the Necrom zones". ;)
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complain about...
    Just give me new story...
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • HappyDan
    HappyDan
    ✭✭✭
    Power-level the Arcanist
    Will power level an Arcanist I need it for my prog group.
    Gonna farm psijic,alliance,Mages,Fightes, skyshards,Undaunted skillpoints etc.
    Luckily I have saved up 24 speed riding lessons, while not much still better than the 0 speed we start with.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Hvíthákarl
    Hvíthákarl
    ✭✭✭
    I'll create my Arcanist, park them on the stables then go get the companions, summon Sharp-as-Night and start the main questline
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Questing storyline and buying the new fancy pants gold house. On an arcanist.
    Edited by TheImperfect on May 28, 2023 9:36AM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably things in this order:

Collect the new companions on my main.

Create 2 Arcanists and park them next to a stable so that I can do their riding lessons each day until I am ready to level them up. Decon stuff I have been hoarding on one of them to start levelling their craft skills.

Unlock the wayshrines in new zones, do the world bosses and any world events while the zones are still heavily populated.

Power level companions, start raising their rapport.

Will hold off on the quests in the new zone for a bit, until the new zones gets less populated and any bugs serious bugs with the quest line are found/fixed.

Then power level the new Arcanists and work on their crafting skill lines.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Create and play the Arcanist (at a normal pace - I really don't get people that level up as fast as possible) through it's Alliance zones. I never go to new zones immediately, too many people, it spoils the first time experience.
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Continue playing another MMO with a free trial... Yeah you know the meme,
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Run writs on all 18 existing characters
    2. Pick up the surveys
    3. Put 90k gold in the bank
    4. Create both new characters
    5. Pick 45k gold on each
    6. Park both on the stables for the next geologic age
    7. Ignore the new zone until the hype dies off
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Play the Necrom story.

Then make my archanists.
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Read Natch Potes
    I'm going to read the patch notes because I'll be at work and unable to play until the next day!!!!

But THEN I am going to make and power level a healer, once she is all set up, I'll log onto my loyal sorc and start playing through the zone story.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Power-level the Arcanist
    This one has the materials, the writs, and the golds, riding books and crowns.

Khajiit will have first full horse/full cp Arcanist in 1.5 hours after launch. He will have 2nd full horse/full cp Arcanist 1.5 hours after that. He will complain for 3rd slot on forums 1.5 minutes after that. (You know, for mag dps/stam dps/tank - this one only heals with his biting wit and hilarious incisive insights)
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...And I will never go there ever again... ;)

Edit: Oh wait, there will be moments when I will be going there:
    Kill citizens / Kill citizens with Blade of Woe Endeavour.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 28, 2023 11:29AM
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Explore the new lands. This is almost a ritual by now: when a new zone becomes available, I go around exploring, discovering wayshrines and seeing what sort of new exotic enemies I can slaug.... admire and contemplate. After that I start dailies, then side quests and leave the main story for last, so after I save the world for the 1000th time, everybody shows up at the obligatory epilogue party.

Edit: forgot to mention that, as I explore, enjoy zone chat nonsense.
    Edited by Carcamongus on May 28, 2023 11:55AM
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s a mix between getting Sharp-as-Night on my main and getting my arcanist going. I don’t do the story first cuz I don’t like to rush through them.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Get the crafting sets and place them in my house and then probably buy Emmisary’s Enclave and the Inn room before starting the main quest line.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Power-level the Arcanist
    Unfortunately it'll be a few months before I can touch any of the new content, since I have to rebuild my character from the ground up, including quests and all skill lines. Unless ZoS comes to their senses and finally makes a class change token.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    I almost voted for “go on as usual”, but a new zone dropping means new sets are needed for the guildhall, so I’ll be buying the attunable stations.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have read the natch potes already, and player feedback. Overland (Telvanni Peninsula) smaller than Galen, main focus on Apocrypha, no U35 fixes - passing.