The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What price should I go for when selling stuff to others?

HunterTheCapricorn
I have a lot of valuable stuff from events mainly I already have cluttering my inventories and bank and I tried thinking about selling stuff. It would come in handy if I want to buy bites and crowns (and hope I don't get scammed again like the last 5 times where I lost like 8 million gold in total) and invest into more housing stuff. However despite having the trade center addon I'm completely lost with what price to go for since it lists three different ones. Should I go for the cheapest listing, the highest listing or the middle?
I don't want to join a trading guild because I'd be thrown out in a week anyways because I'd have to constantly make a certain amount of profit every week and also give a percent of my earnings as fee to the guild. I can't play that actively to meet the requirements of these guilds mainly because of my extreme social anxiety and because I have other stuff to do.
I also don't tend to have much luck with guilds in the past anyways so I'd rather stay solo.

Thanks
I'm Hunter|he/him|character page is in progress and will be coming soon
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have suggested price turned on in the TTC settings? That's the one I normally use, and for quick sales I go for the lower end of the suggested range. I think that's the average price weighted by number of sales at each point (I can never remember if that's the mean or median, but it's basically a more meaningful average.)

If you don't want to use that I recommend going for the average and maybe slightly undercutting it for a quick sale.

Also don't forget all the prices shown are for 1 of an item, if you're selling stacks you need to multiply it by however many you're selling.

The important thing to remember with TTC is it's based on items currently listed, not ones that have sold. For example if I look at lockpicks I get:
    Average 29.27
    Min 0.4
    Max 1,000,000
    Suggested 6-7

That max is never going to sell. Anyone stupid enough to buy a lockpick for 1,000,000 gold is also going to be too stupid to navigate a guild store. (Possible exception: it's real money traders trying to disguise their transactions as sales so they don't get caught.)

The min almost certainly has sold, but the average and suggested prices tell me it would also sell for a lot more than that. I don't need an addon to tell me I could list everything at 1g per stack and it'll sell.

The average is likely being affected by that anomalous 1,000,000g listing, pushing it higher than it should realistically be. The suggested price is what I'd expect the majority of listings to be, so if I list mine for slightly below that it should sell quickly because the buyer will see it as a good deal, but I'll be getting a reasonable amount of gold for it.

If anything is particularly valuable and I'm not in a hurry to sell or worried about having to relist it if it doesn't I might put it at the higher end of the range. But it's very rare I don't that because I'm not a serious trader or desperate to make as much gold as possible, I just want stuff I can't use out my inventory and would prefer to get some gold for it if I can.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What platform?

PC has TTC as noted. Out of luck on the others. Some here will still argue we shouldn't need to find this out in the game itself, unfortunately.

If you can't use TTC (Tramiel Trade Center), perhaps you can devote a chunk of time running to different vendors and checking prices, but that can be very time consuming.

As to losing money "buying Crowns". Did you talk to Support on those? I always delivered the Crowns I sold, but I have read many times they will investigate and act if that does not happen.

BTW, a DIscord exists for the World Crown Exchange to help you find a seller. You can limit yourself to someone with confirmed trades if you want since they support that.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform?

PC has TTC as noted. Out of luck on the others. Some here will still argue we shouldn't need to find this out in the game itself, unfortunately.

If you can't use TTC (Tramiel Trade Center), perhaps you can devote a chunk of time running to different vendors and checking prices, but that can be very time consuming.

As to losing money "buying Crowns". Did you talk to Support on those? I always delivered the Crowns I sold, but I have read many times they will investigate and act if that does not happen.

BTW, a DIscord exists for the World Crown Exchange to help you find a seller. You can limit yourself to someone with confirmed trades if you want since they support that.

The OP already said they're on PC and already using TTC.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll point out this for trading guilds: there's nothing wrong with joining for long enough to sell your stuff and then leaving. If you look around on PC, you should be able to find one that doesn't have dues and has sales requirements instead, which you'll meet because you're selling off your stuff. You are planning in being active enough, at least for a little while.

You'll be losing a percentage of the sale (1% listing fee, 3.5% to the guild trader, 3.5% to ZOS) in exchange for the convenience of being able to list your wares and ignore them until they sell and you collect the money. No hawking it in zone chat, no bargaining, no mailing the buyer, it's set and forget, you can go play the game while they sell.

There's a similar fee with C.O.D through the mail, but the buyer pays that gold sink.

It's up to you, of course.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll point out this for trading guilds: there's nothing wrong with joining for long enough to sell your stuff and then leaving. If you look around on PC, you should be able to find one that doesn't have dues and has sales requirements instead, which you'll meet because you're selling off your stuff. You are planning in being active enough, at least for a little while.

You'll be losing a percentage of the sale (1% listing fee, 3.5% to the guild trader, 3.5% to ZOS) in exchange for the convenience of being able to list your wares and ignore them until they sell and you collect the money. No hawking it in zone chat, no bargaining, no mailing the buyer, it's set and forget, you can go play the game while they sell.

There's a similar fee with C.O.D through the mail, but the buyer pays that gold sink.

What happens to the 3.5% that goes to ZOS? Do they actually do anything with this, or does that gold just evaporate into the ether?
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

What happens to the 3.5% that goes to ZOS? Do they actually do anything with this, or does that gold just evaporate into the ether?

They invest in Tax Free Municipal Bonds and Deferred Annuities.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It disappears, same as gold spent on wayshrines, repairs and other stuff. It helps to balance out the gold which appears from no where when players kill enemies or complete quests.

• Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It seems they tried to pay the guys maintaining the server for pc eu with it. Unfortunately the latter starved in the meantime.
  • HunterTheCapricorn
    What platform?

EU on PC
    As I said before I use TTC and have the addon installed hence why I have a price table ingame. I just didn't know which was the right price of the three but it seems the average one would be the best.
    I tried but didn't get lucky and I don't expect any help since it was a player to player interaction and not connected to the official services. I decided it's just better to pay for ESO+ every three months because it's more reliable and also the crafting bag is very helpful plus the acess to all DLC dungeons (already have the zone DLCs and expansions) when doing daily undaunted quests.
    I'm not very luck ywith discord servers either. I usually don't last long there. Especially on big servers as mods often abuse their power.
    I'm Hunter|he/him|character page is in progress and will be coming soon