The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How are people doing daily writs while mounted?

Gaeliannas
Gaeliannas
✭✭✭✭✭
Apparently this is a thing now, as I see numerous folks doing it daily. I was under the impression that interactions with anything dismount you, so how does this work?
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish it didn't work. It's bad enough having twilights and enormous warden bears obscuring your view, without mounts making it even worse.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to do crafting as a werewolf, I couldn't work out the tools with paws... and guards attacking me, rude.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're not.

They're just standing there on their mount.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you can interact with NPC bankers while mounted, so apparently interacting with things doesn't always dismount you.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    They're not.

They're just standing there on their mount.

No, they are doing writs and turning them in all while mounted, it is very obvious.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its probably very well trained mounts that can do writs themselves.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can talk to generic npcs for quests without dismounting. I don’t do it often because I don’t want to be rude and block others, but sometimes if no one is around I will to speed things up.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a bug if it's indoors.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can talk to generic npcs for quests without dismounting. I don’t do it often because I don’t want to be rude and block others, but sometimes if no one is around I will to speed things up.

Well after checking a bunch of times it seems "I" can't....
    1. Ride up to the daily crafting quest board in Vardenfell and take dailes without getting dismounted.
    2. Ride up to the first 3 stations and actually do the writs without getting dismounted.
    3. Take the quests from the second board without getting dismounted.
    4. Do the last 4 writs at the back stations without getting dismounted.
    5. Turn the writs in at the 7 boxes on the docks all without getting dismounted.

Yet I watched 3 separate players do exactly that just this morning yet again.

Is it a bug, an exploit, a visual glitch? Anyways, I started reporting them as exploiting, since as far as I know you can't or shouldn't be able to do what they seem to be doing. I would be happy to take and share videos to show what I mean, but that would probably get me banned here.

Edited by Gaeliannas on May 27, 2023 9:12PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe you're seeing adesync, where the game is showing you those players on mounts even though they are dismounting and remounting.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it's just a visual bug.

Not really any advantage, even if they were, a character in wild hunt is just as quick (other than mounting to run to the turn-in)

Seems like a waste of CS resources reporting that for exploiting. Far, far worse going on than this that doesn't even give any real advantage.

I've never seen it... and I do a lot of writs in Vvardenfell.
    Edited by tmbrinks on May 27, 2023 10:27PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gaeliannas wrote: »

1. Ride up to the daily crafting quest board in Vardenfell and take dailes without getting dismounted.
    2. Ride up to the first 3 stations and actually do the writs without getting dismounted.
    5. Turn the writs in at the 7 boxes on the docks all without getting dismounted.

Is it a bug, an exploit, a visual glitch? Anyways, I started reporting them as exploiting, since as far as I know you can't or shouldn't be able to do what they seem to be doing. I would be happy to take and share videos to show what I mean, but that would probably get me banned here.
    How can you tell what they're actually doing? The crafting animations only display for your own character, not for others, so there's no method I know of to know for certain if other characters are crafting or just located at the crafting station doing something else e.g. guild chat, browsing inventory, etc.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gaeliannas wrote: »

I haven’t tried it for daily crafting writs but was just saying that for turning in other quests you can do that while mounted.

EDIT:

I also want to add that players who have shiny new mounts do like to park themselves in places like where Rolis is located just so you can see them and they can get your attention.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on May 28, 2023 1:20AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reporting for exploiting is an extreme reaction, why are you trying to ruin other people's accounts for an issue you don't even understand and therefore have no proof they are doing anything wrong?? How selfish of you.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any chance you're seeing people turn in master writs? interacting with Rolis does not force a dismount.