The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Left close to the end of Blackwood, thinking of a return

Kosef
Kosef
✭✭✭✭
Hey folks,

So I left back in fall of 21 to play NW. I'm thinking of returning and trying to see what is a good direction. I know a lot of things have changed and probably been added to the game. If I come back I would sub for sure, so I'll have access to the DLCs. I'm more concerned with the previous expansion and the new one about to come out. Is it worth it to get the previous one, or just get the latest. Are there any specifics about the last expansion that would make the upcoming one more enjoyable. Thanks in advance. I'm honestly a little nervous about firing the game up again and seeing just how far out the loop I am.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 27, 2023 1:21AM
Server: PC-NA

Vincent Jurard - Breton - DK
Aronil Elsinwatch - Altmer - Templar
Ulfgar Stormbringer - Nord - Sorc
Ra'Jhera Mahrabi - Khajiit - NB
Kur Zahir - Imperial - Necro
Khur - Redguard - Warden
Lives-By-Sword - Argonian - DK
Sara Willowthorn - Bosmer - Templar
Elsa Bjariksen - Nord - NB
Soliril Elsinthar - Altmer - Sorc
Khargol Ogdum - Orc - Warden
Veros Sarvani - Dunmer - Necro
Vedran The Toxic - Dunmer - DK
Hafnar Ironbark - Nord Warden
Low - Level: Arcturus The Loyal - Templar
Guild:
[Ninja Squirrels]
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends what your interests are. Trial-wise, the past two chapters have dropped very important gear sets for supports and for DPS and I personally find DSR to be a great trial because its mechanically-driven. Antiquities-wise, I think there's decent ones in the past 2 chapters but nothing really jumps out at me from memory except oakensoul and maybe spaulder. Overland-wise... I absolutely hated the past two seasons. Next chapter I've really enjoyed so far from what I've seen on the PTS.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are going to sub then no need to worry about buying the last Chapter as it will be available to you because it will be considered a DLC when Necrom releases.

ESO+ gives you access to everything except for the latest chapter and that releases in just over a week! 😀
    Edited by freespirit on May 26, 2023 12:44PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From mythics Harpooner's wading kilt (Blackwood), spaulder of ruins (deadlands) and sea-serpent's coil (High Isles) are good. Every trial set in Dreadsail Reefs is used and good. Sul-xan's torment and Saxheel Champion are still in demand from Rockgrove. Bahsei's mania has fallen out of favor.

The main things changed in the combat:
    Hybridisation is now rather complete. Now all gear gives you the same efficiency, no matter which resource is the highest. The weapons are all equally as effective on both mag and stam dds.

The skill damage will scale off of the highest ones from the following pairs:
    - max magicka or max stamina
    - spell or weapon damage
    - spell or weapon critical
    - spell or physical penetration

If your weapon damage is higher than spell damage, and your max mag is higher than max stam, the skills will only account for your weapon damage and max magicka. So the pairs can be higher on different sides and only the higher value will be counted.

Armor weight wise the damage dealers noe use light armor to reach the penetration cap. In optimised groups, you need 500 pen (18.2k - 11k from tanks - 6k from alkosh - 700 from passive CP star). This is reached by 1 piece of light armor. The rest of the gear is medium, and now the max resource does not affect how efficient the armor weight is.
  • Kosef
    Kosef
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the input. Seems like best bet is to wait and buy the new expansion so I get the last one? What would I miss out by not buying the last one.

Khur - Redguard - Warden
    Guild:
    [Ninja Squirrels]
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kosef wrote: »
    Thank you all for the input. Seems like best bet is to wait and buy the new expansion so I get the last one? What would I miss out by not buying the last one.

Not much, TBH. There's a card game, which if that's your thing, then by all means get it now. The new expansion seems to be more content heavy, so I'd recommend just getting that and playing High Isle at your leisure.
  • Kosef
    Kosef
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.

Khur - Redguard - Warden
    Guild:
    [Ninja Squirrels]
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's asking for advice from the community.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's asking for advice from the community.

Let's move it to a rarely used forum, because that will help gain feedback on whether that should return....
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pklemming wrote: »
    Greetings,

Let's move it to a rarely used forum, because that will help gain feedback on whether that should return....

Do use the "Recent" filter instead of looking in a specific group if you want to see things after such a move. Still frustrating.
    PC
    PS4/PS5