The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lead: Prismatic Sunbird Feather

ApoAlaia
ApoAlaia
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is this lead dropping? Has anyone found a lead lately?

I'm 162 gryphons down, of which 134 left instances of loot behind, and zero leads.

Given the track record of 'oopsie, we forgot to put this in the levelled lists, but hey, think on all the fun you had killing instances of this one mob over and over again right?' I am starting to grow suspicious.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 27, 2023 1:24AM
  • Piojo
    Piojo
    ✭✭✭
    It is dropping, but the drop rate seems extremely low. I have a about 6 of them, and a friend who has been farming them off and on since they debuted just got her second a month or so ago.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Piojo wrote: »
    It is dropping, but the drop rate seems extremely low. I have a about 6 of them, and a friend who has been farming them off and on since they debuted just got her second a month or so ago.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will have to persevere.

They really like to stretch the content I guess...
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Piojo well you really were my good luck charm.

187 Gryphons, 156 instances of loot, one lead \o/
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This took me forever but I did eventually get it. Not sure why some leads of the same color/tier will drop every 5 kills and others need 500 kills. ZOS micromanaging of different drop rates for different leads for opaque unknown reasons really hurts my interest in antiquities.
  • tiriusavarao
    tiriusavarao
    ✭✭✭
    It took me ages as well, but I finally cracked and searched online for a decent farming spot. Ended up with a little loop on the hillside east of the Rellenthil geyser, with 4-5 gryphons. Still RNG, but I got there in the end.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    About 3 days ago I killed 4 gryphons, got no lead, then killed 8 the next day, and got the lead on the 8th.
    [edit] It was at the Gryphon Aerie POI.
    Edited by vsrs_au on May 25, 2023 10:16PM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Killed approximately 8 Gryphons before the lead dropped. You're not alone though. One streamer I watch from time to time had exactly the same problem as you.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It took me ages as well, but I finally cracked and searched online for a decent farming spot. Ended up with a little loop on the hillside east of the Rellenthil geyser, with 4-5 gryphons. Still RNG, but I got there in the end.

Yeah, that spot is included in my little route.

I start with the three SE of the Eastern Pass wayshrine, then the five in Gryphon's Aerie, then the one around the corner from the Veyond Wyte wayshrine.

If I pace it right I don't need to wait for respawns.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on May 25, 2023 9:36PM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piojo wrote: »

So there is hope. I got my first one really quick but so far have failed in getting a 2nd drop. I usually go kill Gryphons or fish while waiting for guild events to start. Not sure how many Gryphons have died but the number is high.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lead was originally bugged, as it never dropped, but the devs fixed that. It's just that it's a rare drop from a mob that's not very common. I remember having to kill a lot of overgrown chickens to get my first lead.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I farmed it for about an hour a day for three days to get one. Haven't farmed it again. Did get one more.
  • Kitziboo
    Kitziboo
    ✭✭✭
    I have spent hours on Xbox trying to get a second lead for both EU and NA, using all my characters just in case RNG differed, but without any luck.

I recently set up a new account and this morning one of my new mains went to complete the endeavour for 2 dangerous foe and received the lead on her first ever gryphon. Sadly, she is only up to level 6 scrying at the moment.
    Edited by Kitziboo on May 25, 2023 11:58PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've killed hundreds of gryphons and never gotten the lead.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

Have fun stormin' the Codex!
    Edited by Grizzbeorn on May 26, 2023 8:43AM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Taggund
      Taggund
      ✭✭✭✭
      I got one a long time ago, but trying to get two more to complete the codex and they're just not dropping for me. I was farming gryphons while waiting for Cyro queue during the Mayhem event. Hours spent, and none.
    • whitecrow
      whitecrow
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I got it from the first gryphon I killed, but that was way back when it first came out.
    • ZOS_Hadeostry
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's asking the community something.

Thank you for your understanding
      Staff Post
    • Piojo
      Piojo
      ✭✭✭
      ApoAlaia wrote: »
      @Piojo well you really were my good luck charm.

omgosh @ApoAlaia that's great! Glad you got one!