The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vampire changes that would be cool

Mrtoobyy
Mrtoobyy
✭✭✭✭
I think the penalties for vampire should be adjusted or the Undeath passive should be reduced.

Maybe increase their healing taken from sources of lifesteal but decrease healing taken from regular healing. I mean isn't healing more of a human/holy kind of thing?
Vampires gets their strength from human blood
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 27, 2023 1:23AM
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think vampires need a huge rework, and they had a huge rework at greymoor! so they need more. they're not terribly viable. i use eviserate and mist form in pvp, but they're really hard to work as a meta pve build
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My stage 4 vampires would be delighted if my precious, best friends forever companions could be bothered to heal outside of combat. :s
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah a total rework would be cool to try out. I mean some skills have a awesome foundation to them but in game they feel neglected and underperforming.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mrtoobyy wrote: »
    I think the penalties for vampire should be adjusted or the Undeath passive should be reduced.

The Undeath passive in PVP is really the only reason I use the Vampire skill line. Blood Mist is a fun little skill to use in 1vX, but the others aren't really that practical. I don't know of any reason to use Vampire in PVE group content that would enhance a build. If you were to nerf Undeath, might as well abandon the Vampire skill line altogether.
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭

The Undeath passive in PVP is really the only reason I use the Vampire skill line. Blood Mist is a fun little skill to use in 1vX, but the others aren't really that practical. I don't know of any reason to use Vampire in PVE group content that would enhance a build. If you were to nerf Undeath, might as well abandon the Vampire skill line altogether.

P.much this. I use a vampire in PvE only because I heccing love vampires, literally no other reason. 4 skills they have are basically useless in PvE as you (Blood for Blood and all version of the health drain, w/s increase thing). If they made the feed thing a passive tether while you can use other skills and bumped up the damage a bit I see no reason as why not to use it.

Frenzy is really cool but the ability to not get healed utterly kills it. Blood for Blood would be awesome to use but because of the healing thing it's useless in PvE,
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I wonder who gets the final say on stuff in this game, there so much good foundation laid but the final product often seems weird
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zastrix wrote: »

P.much this. I use a vampire in PvE only because I heccing love vampires, literally no other reason. 4 skills they have are basically useless in PvE as you (Blood for Blood and all version of the health drain, w/s increase thing). If they made the feed thing a passive tether while you can use other skills and bumped up the damage a bit I see no reason as why not to use it.

Frenzy is really cool but the ability to not get healed utterly kills it. Blood for Blood would be awesome to use but because of the healing thing it's useless in PvE,

Making Vampiric Drain an instant cast skill would indeed go a long way.
  • logan68
    logan68
    ✭✭✭
    sigh another one of these
    i've recently started using vampire lord armor and trying to spend all my time in vampire lord form That form is pretty OP for about 12 seconds. On my necro I can fill the ultima up pretty quick
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire shines in solo PvE arenas and PvP, but yeah the healing lockouts shut down any usefulness from group PvE unless you're carrying the group or are the healer. And if you're the healer you're probably only going to be able to fit 1 or 2 vampire abilities.

Mistform, Blood for Blood, all the passives, and Swarming Scion are really good.

Arterial Burst, Sated Fury, and Exhilarating Drain are okay.

And everything else needs a buff, or a rework on the rules.

The stuns especially need to lose the looking at you rule, or have the rule reworded where it becomes unblockable when the target is looking at you.

Perfect Scion is so easily outclassed by Swarming Scion it feels like an RP morph since it loses out on the bat swarm. Like something you'd use for Bastion Sanguinarus RP... If it lasted longer I might consider it, but cheaper cost is so miniscule it doesn't outdo the extra pressure you can put out with Swarming Scion. Swarming Scion deals more damage, and thus also gives you more healing. If you care so much about the passives being up you're probably already stages 3-4 so Perfect Scion really needs something else going for it like an increase duration or maybe making all the vampire powers free to cast.

Simmering Frenzy gives 100 more spell and weapon damage, but it lacks that infinitely scaling heal that Sated Fury is building up every time you activate it. It needs something to make it better than just more damage... Maybe a lingering spell and weapon damage equal to half the value after turning it off for 6 seconds?

Drain Vigor actually scales with all the healing buffs unlike Exhilarating Drain, but the 10% restored missing stamina is... Eh? Should be 10% of your max stamina as the stamina restore is even more pathetic than the health restore.
    Edited by Vevvev on May 26, 2023 5:15PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it deals with mechanics.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭

Maybe increase their healing taken from sources of lifesteal but decrease healing taken from regular healing. I mean isn't healing more of a human/holy kind of thing?

But what about Puncturing Sweep of the Templar, this is has the effect of healing from the damage dealt, which is considered lifesteal, such as Strife and a few more skills from the Nightblade Siphoning branch, which, by the way, looks very conceptual on a vampire, although it does not apply to a vampire branch
    Edited by GrimStyx on May 27, 2023 4:16AM
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    GrimStyx wrote: »

But what about Puncturing Sweep of the Templar, this is has the effect of healing from the damage dealt, which is considered lifesteal, such as Strife and a few more skills from the Nightblade Siphoning branch, which, by the way, looks very conceptual on a vampire, although it does not apply to a vampire branch

That is true about sweeps. I actually wouldn't mind removing the healing and trying something else for sweeps
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should remove the cost increases of skills, adjust Undeath so it isn't as strong, make the health recovery how it used to be pre Greymoor and bring back Bat Swarm and the old Vampiric Drain animation!
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.