The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hermaeus Mora Content order??

Gruumsh1
Gruumsh1
✭✭✭✭
Without spoilers, can anybody give me an idea which order the Hermaeus Mora content should be played now that Necrom has been out on the PTS? I am hoping to run my new Arcanist as a devotee to Mora and am curious to know if I'll actually be fighting against him in any way. Hoping for a rough timeline if possible (I know ESO generally has no sequences for overland quests in general). e.g. I see that in Scriver's Hall Dungeon you are fighting against Valinna etc. Is this story built from any of the overland quests (not just Mora ones perhaps) you can complete?

Thanks ESO fans!
Edited by zos_Izaren on May 24, 2023 6:07AM
Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing I’d say is to do the prequel before the main quest but even that isn’t necessary. I didn’t so I don’t know if theres dialogue that changes for doing the prequel. I did notice that main quest events altered dialogue in side quests but it was very minor and didn’t affect the story. The main quest is pretty contained, don’t need to do any others in any specific order like the daedric war saga.

If you want your curiosity answered:
    You work with him, never against him. So, your character will fit perfectly into the story.
    Edited by Soarora on May 24, 2023 5:58AM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, maybe take a look here

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Hermaeus_Mora

(spoilers inside)
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The following locations and quests directly involve Hermaeus Mora before playing through the Necrom Prologue quest

Bangkorai:
    Halcyon Lake - Sunken Knowledge

Greenshade:
    Rootwater Grove - The Flooded Grove

Reaper's March:
    The Vile Manse - The Waking Dreamer

Craglorn:
    The Seeker's Archive - The Seeker's Archive (daily quest)
    Mtharnaz - Gem of the Stars
    Zalgaz's Den - Message Unknown
    Rkhardahrk - Strange Lexicon
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • zos_Izaren
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's discussing about quests in-game.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    The following locations and quests directly involve Hermaeus Mora before playing through the Necrom Prologue quest

Bangkorai:
    Halcyon Lake - Sunken Knowledge

Greenshade:
    Rootwater Grove - The Flooded Grove

Reaper's March:
    The Vile Manse - The Waking Dreamer

Craglorn:
    The Seeker's Archive - The Seeker's Archive (daily quest)
    Mtharnaz - Gem of the Stars
    Zalgaz's Den - Message Unknown
    Rkhardahrk - Strange Lexicon

Thanks Maitsukas. Are these in no specific order? I do remember the one quest I've done in Vile Manse that Hermaeus doesn't really know you. I assume it's the same in the others i.e no segue from other the quests - Hermaeus has terrible memory :D

Thanks for the input everyone! Much appreciated.
    Edited by Gruumsh1 on May 24, 2023 6:20AM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PTS existing instances of H Mora seem to have been re-voiced. This opens the possibility that new dialogue will be added to existing instances of H Mora when the Necrom chapter is released.

That is what happened with Lyranth and Fargrave. I had a character who completed Fargrave and then did Coldharbour. In the Tower of Lies Lyranth acknowledged their meeting in Fargrave.

Completing Necrom first, and then doing the base game and Craglorn H Mora quests, may trigger new dialogue acknowledging your character as the Necrom Proxy.
    PC EU
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PTS existing instances of H Mora seem to have been re-voiced. This opens the possibility that new dialogue will be added to existing instances of H Mora when the Necrom chapter is released.

That is what happened with Lyranth and Fargrave. I had a character who completed Fargrave and then did Coldharbour. In the Tower of Lies Lyranth acknowledged their meeting in Fargrave.

Completing Necrom first, and then doing the base game and Craglorn H Mora quests, may trigger new dialogue acknowledging your character as the Necrom Proxy.

I certainly hope they re-voiced the existing game's H Mora appearances. They did with Mehrunes Dagon. I did find the new voice on PTS to be completely jarring, considering I was so used to the original voice. Honestly, I thought both the original Mehrunes and Mora's voices were much better than the newer voices... but even so... I want them to match, so I'm ok with them changing the original.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just checked on PTS, and completed the Rootwater Grove quest, and can confirm that they have indeed changed H Mora's voice to the new version to match Necrom.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    This should help a bit as well. We had an article a few weeks back outlining some of the places you could find Hermaeus Mora. Check it out here.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin - can you confirm or deny this theory? Because that would be great! :)

Cheers!