The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Weird sticker book bug. It's more than a 'delay'.

araminta63
I tried to bug report this but it's too long.. or at least I am.. I don't have the right words.. so I have to use many of them.

Selling an uncollected item to a vendor 'collects' the items into our sticker books. It make a noise and does a text flash when it does this. I usually don't see the words because I'm talking to Jeeba-Noo but I hear it being collected. It has always sort of not collected until you are in the next 'category'. Sell a weapon and it won't 'collect' until you sell an armor piece. A delay. That's it.

But since the last patch it's more than a delay. Sometimes it doesn't collect at all. (and by collect I mean the sound and the text.. I do not know if they are actually going into the sticker book) Again.. nothing I was too concerned about.

But today we had the Daily Endeavor of Sell 25 Items to a Merchant. Easy-peasy I still have last nights Pelinal crates. I open them all and go to Jeeba-Noo and sell all the junk in my inventory. Which included at least couple of weapons that I hadn't previously collected. Anyway.. I sell everything and head back to the bank... and I hear nothing. Not only does neither weapon 'collect'... but I have Zero out of my "25 items sold to merchant".

I didn't think too much of it. I figured I didn't get the achievement because I must have overestimated how many items I had. I sell some potions. Still nothing. So I figure I must have to do it all 25 at a time (and somehow I'd just gotten lucky every other time I've done this endeavor?) So I go to the woodworking station and make 25 bows. And I go back to Jeeba-Noo and I sell her one.

And instantly I got 2 or 3 sticker book hits AND my 25 Item sell to merchant endeavor hit. Even though before I sold the bow the endeavor tracker said I had 0 out of 25.

I think there is something about the sticker book that messes up the item counter and something in the last patch (recent.. let's call it a recent patch because I'm not positive) is making the sticker book updates catch up somewhere. Though eventually with the application of another sale of a similar item it bumps it's way through.

Sorry if this is a known bug. I did a search but wasn't sure what to call it.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can always tell *after* these trading sessions (or a deconstruction session) what's been added to the item sets (aka sticker book): the new items (and their containing subcategories) have tick marks on them, which only vanish when you either click on the item, or click on the subcategory then click on another subcategory.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to sell enough items to the point you cannot buy it back from vendors for it to add to the stickerbook. Otherwise you could sell it to vendor, adds to your collection, then buy it back to trade to others.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Might be a good idea to bind those items just in case, before you sell them.

I try to do that immediately after picking them up, especially if running a dungeon so the curation will take place at the next drop.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's when the item disappears from the buy back tab on the trader. Once you sell enough for them to drop off that, it will be collected.
    Edited by Brrrofski on May 24, 2023 7:11AM