The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Up the Void bash range

KinnikuBeam
KinnikuBeam
✭✭✭
Can you up the Void bash pull ennemy range to 12>20, in some dungeon some add are very far away that don't pull all
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 23, 2023 1:25AM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't tanking more interactive if you pull the adds yourself? You may even need to prioritize taunts in some cases. Part of the job, I always thought.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Void bash gets the close ones and then pull the ones out of range of void bash for a nice pile.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you up the Void bash pull ennemy range to 12>20, in some dungeon some add are very far away that don't pull all

Only if it doesn't work on players in PVP, otherwise no thank you.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭✭
    15 would be fair, not more than that
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s fine as-is. Wait for the ranged enemies to walk in a bit and void bash an enemy in the middle of the pile and chain any stragglers.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    It states everything pulled within 12 meters but really only 5 at max. The Swarm Mother monster set is about the same amount but 8-22 meters but you have to be blocking that enemy from ranged. The reason i`m putting this in here is the amount it pulls and the distance, if the devs would change Void bash would it be worth it if the set only pulls 5. Then that would make Swarm Mother obsolete, I believe Swarm Mother should be deleted because it is another monster set that is seldom used. I have used Tormentor in combination with Void Bash and the works really good. So if your looking for a setup then Tormentor and Void Bash is my suggestion then chain the rest in with DK chains or Silver Leash.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    12 seems fine to me

Only if it doesn't work on players in PVP, otherwise no thank you.

They'd get placed on CC immunity in pvp. There's better options in PVP.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's suggesting a change to Void Bash.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IIRC the target cap for this set is 6 targets.

Likely that is because the effect also applies a debuff, which is typically what incurs the target cap for abilities. If the pull was the only mechanic then there likely would not be a target cap a la Dark Convergence.

Of course, target caps are, IMO, antiquated and bad design. But it is what it is until it is changed.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's already the biggest radius AOE pull in the game - it really doesn't need to be any bigger. Just leash any straggler mobs that don't get pulled initially.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH, I would trade away the Major Maim in order to un-cap the set's number of targets pulled. But that's just me.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's already the biggest radius AOE pull in the game - it really doesn't need to be any bigger. Just leash any straggler mobs that don't get pulled initially.

It's bigger than the other aoe pull by 2 meters.

there's only one other AOE pull item in game, its name is Rush of Agony, and does not place targets on CC immunity, and is half the cooldown as void bash
    TBH, I would trade away the Major Maim in order to un-cap the set's number of targets pulled. But that's just me.

It's not a simple tradeoff of losing one thing to gain another.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »

there's only one other AOE pull item in game, its name is Rush of Agony, and does not place targets on CC immunity, and is half the cooldown as void bash

There are 2 other aoe pulls, DC and Rush. The radii of those two sets are 2 meters shorter, which means the diameter is 4 meters smaller - still quite a bit smaller. Rush not applying CC immunity doesn't matter all that much in PvE, as ideally you would pull into an aoe immobilize anyways.

The other big difference is that DC and Rush are both 5 piece sets, not 2 piece sets. You can fit Void Bash on far more tank builds than Rush or DC.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »

Except that it IS as simple as losing one to gain another.

Sets that have debuffs as a component of their 5-piece are capped at 6 targets. Those that do not feature debuffs have no such cap.

So in terms of set implementation, those are the rules (not that I like them, of course). You literally could trade one for the other under the rules of the road that ZOS has established (though that they attempt to conceal and obfuscate likely because they are aware that players hate arbitrary target caps). All that you have to do is look at ROA and DCON to see that this is true.

The other, more practical, matter is that most (all?) mobs that you can actually pull are NOT mobs that require Major Maim. If you could pull elite mobs then maybe it would be different (maybe...) but they are immune to pulls. Nobody needs Major Maim on random trash mobs so that portion of the set's "power budget" isn't providing much real value to most players anyway.