The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Keyboard functions in game.

Jaclynn
Jaclynn
✭✭✭
I am having intermittent problems with keyboard not working in game. I have replaced batteries in keyboard. Mouse controls are functioning properly. Some days it happens infrequently, but today it made playing impossible. This has been going on for approximately two weeks. (Like walking along, and suddenly hitting an invisible wall, and then no keyboard controls work.) This can last a few seconds, or much longer. HELP!
My keyboard is functioning normally out of game.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 29, 2023 5:36PM
"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."

PC/NA
@Jaclynn
GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    Still can't find any reason for this, and cannot play the game.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    I can't play. I have canceled membership. If this issue isn't resolved, I will be seeking a refund for my pre-purchased Necrom

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this for PC or console?
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    PC

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mentioned batteries, so I presume it's a wireless keyboard. What kind of signal does it transmit to the computer-- Bluetooth or something else? Edit: Have you tried switching to a wired keyboard to see if it works that way?
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on May 27, 2023 8:22AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    USB signal. Has matching mouse, and that works fine. Another keyboard is on order. (Since the 3 pc's, 4 sets of speakers and 6 monitors I have hoarded don't help here...)

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night I was tanking Unhallowed Grave with my DK, the Cinder Storm would not on my back bar and Defensive Stance on the front bar didn`t work. I actually stopped all together and just stood there repeatedly hitting the buttons over and over and they never worked until I died and rezzed. Even then I had to roll dodge and jump and then the buttons started working. So yeah there is a problem and it`s been in Cloud Rest for over a year if you have been in the trial and if memory serves me the Devs know about it but not fixing it.
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    madman65 wrote: »
    Last night I was tanking Unhallowed Grave with my DK, the Cinder Storm would not on my back bar and Defensive Stance on the front bar didn`t work. I actually stopped all together and just stood there repeatedly hitting the buttons over and over and they never worked until I died and rezzed. Even then I had to roll dodge and jump and then the buttons started working. So yeah there is a problem and it`s been in Cloud Rest for over a year if you have been in the trial and if memory serves me the Devs know about it but not fixing it.

This is basically what happens. But everywhere in game. Take a few steps. roll/dodge...maybe that works to take a few more steps.

None of the keyboard controls work.

Ordered a wired keyboard, so we will see if that works.

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey @Jaclynn. When you get the wired keyboard, please let us know if that works or if you are still having this issue. Also, if you could place a ticket and get me the ticket number, I can get the info over to our teams and see if there is anything they can figure out on their end.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @ZOS_Kevin Keyboard arriving this evening. Will keep you posted. :)

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaclynn wrote: »
    USB signal. Has matching mouse, and that works fine. Another keyboard is on order. (Since the 3 pc's, 4 sets of speakers and 6 monitors I have hoarded don't help here...)

Do your keyboard and mouse send their signal to the same receiver or are there two different? If yes, try another keyboard or mouse for a while to exclude transmission problems. If no, try another usb port for the keyboard receiver.
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Thanks for all of the input, and suggestions everyone! The new WIRED keyboard arrived, and is working properly. I am now able to travel the lands of Tamriel with ease, without roll/dodging, and am looking forward to discovering all that Necrom has to offer.

The keyboard I was using worked everywhere except on ESO. (The mouse which was a matched set with said keyboard did work, but was not an effective tool for game-play obviously.)

Thanks @ZOS_Kevin you're the best.

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are glad to hear back that the new keyboard is working correctly. With this issue now resolved, the discussion going forward will be closed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.