The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to notice same side players on the zone chat window in the PVP area?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
How to notice same side players on the zone chat window in the PVP area?

Some people keep saying "LFG" or "any group?" kind of word on the zone chat of PVP area.
But, there're no alliance flag sigh on the zone chat. How to find same side players on the chat?
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no other side chats in yours when in pvp zone.
  • ezmaye
    ezmaye
    ✭✭✭
    In PVP zones the chat is your alliance only, so everyone is on your side. Hope this helps.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was whispered by someone from a different alliance once after they heard me speak in Cyrodiil zone chat.

I was doing an endeavor to do a certain amount of quests for an NPC and there was an enemy waiting at the quest giver who kept killing me when I tried to turn in the quest. I said in zone chat that an enemy was doing this and a player whispered me that maybe I should come back later. I said that this was my last turn in and I just wanted to get this done and they replied that they would let me turn it in. That is when I realized that the name was the same. This player bowed as I came to turn in and let me complete my quest.

So someone from a different alliance definitely saw what I was saying in zone.
    PCNA
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supposedly sometimes people have alt accounts in opposing alliance to see zone chat, but you will only see zone chat for the alliance you're in.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This player whispered me on the character that was killing me. Is that something that is allowed while in Cyrodiil?

If they had an alt account listening to zone chat wouldn't they have replied to me on the character that saw my chat?
    Edited by SilverBride on May 21, 2023 5:15PM
    PCNA
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was whispered by someone from a different alliance once after they heard me speak in Cyrodiil zone chat.

I was doing an endeavor to do a certain amount of quests for an NPC and there was an enemy waiting at the quest giver who kept killing me when I tried to turn in the quest. I said in zone chat that an enemy was doing this and a player whispered me that maybe I should come back later. I said that this was my last turn in and I just wanted to get this done and they replied that they would let me turn it in. That is when I realized that the name was the same. This player bowed as I came to turn in and let me complete my quest.

Eh, it's far more likely that they independently decided to whisper you after having killed you a few times than they saw opposing faction zone chat.

You are describing a coincidence not a game bug.
    Edited by jaws343 on May 21, 2023 5:15PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They likely said that since they noticed they were killing the same player over and over again. Just as I have had hate whispers from someone I had just killed it makes sense someone would be kind and offer a friendly whisper in the situation you suggest.

The only way they could have seen a different alliances zone chat would have been by watching a player's stream or if they had an alt account active with your alliance in that campaign. They could not have seen it from their game's chat.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't spend a lot of time in Cyrodiil and after this experience I just thought that this was how things were there.

But somehow this player knew exactly what I had said in zone chat and was nice and let me turn in my quest.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 21, 2023 6:34PM
    PCNA
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Hello!

We would like to remind everyone that all posts should be kept civil, constructive, and within the guidelines of the Community Rules we have in place. It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None of that makes it sounds like they saw your alliance's zone chat necessarily, just that they could tell you were determined to do your quest. Idk what they expected, camping a quest turn-in lol
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According people's opinion, we can't see other team conversation on the zone chat.
    And, can't do "eavesdropping" also. Am I right?
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    According people's opinion, we can't see other team conversation on the zone chat.
    And, can't do "eavesdropping" also. Am I right?

That's correct, although as Amottica says there are ways to get around that.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Someone from a different alliance was told or given a screenshot of what you said, but they have to be on your alliance to see zone chat. Most likely an ally asked the person killing you to let you live after you complained in zone chat.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone from a different alliance was told or given a screenshot of what you said, but they have to be on your alliance to see zone chat. Most likely an ally asked the person killing you to let you live after you complained in zone chat.

That's possible. All I know is he knew exactly what I called him but was a nice guy and let me turn it in anyway. :)
    PCNA