Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Honing Stones?

impeakingit
How do you acquire Honing Stones and the various other stones required for weapon improvement? I Gather you cant just buy them.
Cheers,
  • Nadrak
    Nadrak
    I got them by deconstructing green items
  • afriedman1337b14a_ESO
    I have received them by refining ore as well.
  • Usstan
    Usstan
    ✭✭
    As @Nadrak‌ and @afriedman1337b14a_ESO‌ said, you can get honing stones from deconstructing items and refining ore. You can increase the chance by spending points in blacksmithing (there's a skill but I can't remember the name of it right now)
    Edited by Usstan on April 1, 2014 6:50AM
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said but also from the hirelings. I am spending this early access period to get 5-6 alts to the point where they can have a skill point in hireling for blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking. I'm hoping this will lead to a steady stream of useful mats every day (already snagged the blue quality blacksmithing oil by doing this).
  • KERNSTRx
    KERNSTRx
    Soul Shriven
    How about the oil to upgrade weapons?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KERNSTRx wrote: »
    How about the oil to upgrade weapons?

Same, only deconstructing Blue items. Hirelings also provide them and refining raw materials.

You can buy Blue items for deconstruction in the guild kiosks, sometimes pretty cheap too.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"