The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Colovian War Torte ingredients change

laniakea_0
laniakea_0
✭✭✭✭
According to The Unofficial Elder Scroll Pages, crafting this item requires Flour, Carrots, Frost Mirriam, Bervez Juice and Cyrodiil Citrus but in the game it asks for Honey instead of Bervez Juice. why is this? was this recipe changed at some point or is this a bug? what was the reason for the change, or should I hold off on crafting it until it's fixed if it's a bug? if there is a patch notes entry about this change, I would really appreciate someone linking it.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be a mistake on the wiki too.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    maybe, but it would make a lot of sense for this food to also require Bervez Juice. it's similar in function to Psijic Ambrosia. as far as I can tell both of them would require Frost Mirriam, Bervez Juice and a unique, legendary ingredient. or at least both should. it would be consistent. besides, if this is a mistake on the wiki, I would expect honey to be still listed as an ingredient but it isn't. Bervez juice wasn't just added to the list on the wiki, it replaces another item on the list. makes me think that this is how it was at some point in the past. but I'm not sure. I'm hoping that someone, who has been using this recipe for a much longer time than me, could tell me if and why that was changed.
  • Gnesnig
    Gnesnig
    ✭✭✭
    laniakea_0 wrote: »
    Bervez juice wasn't just added to the list on the wiki, it replaces another item on the list. makes me think that this is how it was at some point in the past. but I'm not sure. I'm hoping that someone, who has been using this recipe for a much longer time than me, could tell me if and why that was changed.

The nice thing about wikis is that they have editing history. The top entry tells you the editor corrected it, most likely when noticing the ingredients in game.
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that the recipe on the side was the same as in game but it wasn't altered in the text. Unfortunately, this doesn't make it clear if it was always a mistake on that page or if they just failed to keep up with the state of the game for some time. All this really tells us is that this recipe requires Honey instead of Bervez Juice since at least 2021/11/06, the day of the edit. I'm having a hard time believing that this recipe never required Bervez Juice because it makes so much more sense for it to be involved than not. so the question remains: Was this changed in game at some point and is there a patch notes entry somewhere explaining this change?
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it matter? It's been this way for a year and a half, through multiple major overhauls. Pretty sure it's gonna remain as is to make it easier to use for PVP players who may not have as ready access to Bervez. I'm honestly surprised it requires Frost Mirriam and not another substitute as well since it is only a PVP buff.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the thing. If it requires Frost Mirriam, it might as well require Bervez Juice also, since they come from the same source: Provisioning Writs and Hireling Mail. The way it is now, Frost Mirriam is disproportionately more valuable than Bervez Juice. That doesn't make much sense. But I can understand that it would require these 2 ingredients plus the unique legendary ingredient since it's similar in function to Ambrosia. Besides, it's literally a fruitcake. Why wouldn't there be juice in it?
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A torte is most certainly not a fruit cake. But that's getting into pedanticism and baking specificity.

The crux here is that the recipe hasn't been changed in more than a year and likely won't be. Take the win and use the more available honey.
    • PC/NA
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't mean it's a fruitcake because it's a torte. I meant it's a fruitcake because there's a whole orange in it.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can have a fruit filling in a torte.
    • PC/NA