The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Minion for Linux and the Steam Deck

Zastrix
Zastrix
✭✭✭✭
Heyo y'all, I've posted Minion on flathub today and it basically work with ESO from flatpak Steam out of the box. You can get it by installing the flatpak package and then running:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
flatpak install gg.minion.Minion

The default path for steam flatpaks installation should be
~/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/data/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/306130/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns

But I've also made sure to add these other folders as well:
Edited by Zastrix on May 18, 2023 2:53PM
110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • NetherClawSr
    Hi, I can’t get minion to find the addon folder. Tried to change the path in setup but it’s locked. Have installed ESO on SD card. Should I install minion in the addon folder on SD card? Thx
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, I can’t get minion to find the addon folder. Tried to change the path in setup but it’s locked. Have installed ESO on SD card. Should I install minion in the addon folder on SD card? Thx

IIRC steam will make the pfx folders always in the local drive so just look it under ~/.local/Share.

I use the flatpak version of Steam but try to open Minion and use this path:

~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/306130/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns

Also if you add the folder there is some chance and it won't show any addons, you will need to restart Minion, after that it should work fine everytime.

P.S. You also need to enable hidden folders CTRL+H to access ~/.local.
  • NetherClawSr
    I must be doing something wrong because when I enter the path in the flatpak version of steam nothing happens. Manual updating it is then. Thx for the hard work you have put to get minion for Linux.
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must be doing something wrong because when I enter the path in the flatpak version of steam nothing happens. Manual updating it is then. Thx for the hard work you have put to get minion for Linux.

To use the flatpak version of steam you need to use the flatpak path:

~/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/306130/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns

Edit: ~/.var is hidden so you need to do CTRL+H first.

Edit v2:

I can record a video later on OBS and post it here if that would help you.

Edit v3:

Steam deck doesn't use the flatpak version of Steam IIRC.

Edit v4:

I have a game installed on my HDD (my secondary drive) and the compatdata is on the new drive. You basically just need to find your compadata folder path. If it's an unusual path you need to use flatseal to allow the flatpak sandbox for minion to actually access the folder.

Edit v5:

If nothing works, DM me here so I add you on Discord and we can find the solution, after that I'll post it here for other people.
    Edited by Zastrix on July 24, 2023 12:30PM
  • NetherClawSr
    Hi, managed to get it working by downloading and using flatseal to get access to the sd card. I was then able to point and click the correct path and now all my addons are downloaded and updated through minion. Thank you so much!
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    (I am the OP and still think it's relevant so don't close it)

Minion got verified on flathub a month or two ago, meaning it's an official way of installing/downloading it for Linux systems, including the steam deck!