Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Healer Build

xCetra
xCetra
Which class and specs would I want to use to be a healer? Wanna play support to a really close friend of mine but have no clue how to go about it...
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's how you do it:
    1. Pick class.
    2. Get resto staff.
    3. ?????
    4. Profit!

But really, and class can become a support/heals character. My one piece of advice to you is to also try and mix some other roles into your build. ESO is all about focused flexibility, and if you go "ALL HEALS ONLY HEALS ALL THE TIME" then there's a good chance that you'll run into some frustrating moments.
    The Psijic Order
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legend says , best healer is the sorc because they can keep their mana up , while the templars cant.

Ofc , that is what i heard , cant really confirm that atm.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • khai
    khai
    ✭✭
    I play a templar healer, and don't have any problems with mana. (Course, I spec into mana almost every level, and never touch stamina. And I wear light armor, ofc.) Sure, you can play other classes and still be an effective healer, but templar has some nice skills down the Resorting Light (healing) branch. The passives there also make for really good support... Things like Master Ritualist, which lets you res. faster, return more health on res. and potentially regain a soul gem.

So, yeah, templar is my suggestion if you want a pure healer. However, like @SirPuppingtonVonHat said, going pure healer has serious drawbacks. You won't be able to fight on your own very well. So if you're ever playing the char when your friend's offline, you'll want to party up with someone nearby. (IMO, that's part of the fun of being pure healer, you'll always be a valued group member.) Finally, go Argonian if you really want to be the optimal healer, since their racial perks are complementary.
    Edited by khai on April 1, 2014 6:12AM
    You may say I'm a Dreamer but I'm not the only one.
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legend says , best healer is the sorc because they can keep their mana up , while the templars cant.

Ofc , that is what i heard , cant really confirm that atm.

Legend is old. Restoration staff restores magicka, so any class with a restoration staff can be an efficient healer.

In terms of magicka nightblades have probably the best management with siphoning strikes and restoration staff magicka return. Seems a little bit OP, because they can restore 8-12% health, 8-12% stamina and 18-22% magicka with one heavy attack.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    The truth is, there is no best healer. All classes can heal but only the Templar can heal without a restoration staff. And despite everything you've read Templar's are very fine healers in light armor. http://tamrielfoundry.com/forum/classes/class-discussion/

Take a look here for further info.