Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Always underleveled

terrabeck
terrabeck
I do the side quests that i can and when i go to do the main quest sometimes ill be under leveled. For example i was doing a main quest at level 9 then i acepted the next main quest. I checked my quest log and it was a level 11 quest. Am i missing something?
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Just head towards were ever the quest is and do every random quest along the way.
  • Usstan
    Usstan
    ✭✭
    And did you do the starter island quests? Sounds to me like you're in the same state as a lot of others that skipped/missed the starter island quests.
  • terrabeck
    terrabeck
    Yes i did do the starter islands
  • JohnG
    JohnG
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same problem, the quests just don't give enough XP to keep you leveled. I have had to resort to using a guide to try and find every single quest I can do, even then I'm usually fighting enemies 1-2 levels above me. I did do the start island, might have missed some small one but did all the main ones and a number of side quests as well.

Guide to all the missions with there location and level if anyone wants it: http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/quests/?qzone[0]=auridon
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    I'd recommend doing all 3 first zone dungeons for exp, another option is to go into Cyrodiil and get some levels if you enjoy pvp enough. Can easily reel off a few levels there, even if it does take longer, if you enjoy it. Then you'll be magically overleveled for quest content.
  • Usstan
    Usstan
    ✭✭
    Hmm, I'm not sure what you guys are doing if you're under leveled and still on Auridon (I'm there myself btw)

I was level 8 by the time I left Khenarthi’s Roost and as of last night when I logged out I was level 12 having just finished off the "everything" south of Tanzen. As in the beta, I guess I'll be around level 16-17 by the time I get to the north end of the island.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, make sure you pick up random quests as you come across them and make sure you visit all towers/islands/viewpoints etc that show on your map. Everyone you pass by is potentially a quest or a beginning to a quest chain. Also, try to make sure you do the dungeons as they are good XP. There's definitely enough content to outlevel the 5-15 areas (EP and DC anyway).
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    The quest being level 11 doesn't necessarily mean you have to be level 11 to do it. Also, you don't want to keep just going in a straight line from point to point on the main quest. The game is designed to get you to randomly run off in a funny direction and find quest hubs. Breadcrumb quests are few and far between here.
  • Usstan
    Usstan
    ✭✭
    Thete wrote: »
    ... Breadcrumb quests are few and far between here.

And big thanks to Zenimax/Bethesda for that :D

• Reb
    Reb
    ✭✭✭
    make sure you pick up fighters/mages/undaunted quest lines ...and explore :)
    theres loads of content there if you want to find it
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    If you got black spots or blank spaces on your map. Go there, explore. Quests, dungeons, exploration etc.
    Currently im on level or overleveled. (22) WHen i notice a quest being to high, i just scout some area i missed and im all good. (youl also pick up so many skillpoints this way!)
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • Vistrix
    Vistrix
    Its great - this is the way it should be.

It's making it a lot harder for the typical player who rushes through text to get to the next obvious quest.

It's forcing people to explore which is good!
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Also, sometimes people say random stuff about where something is happening :) pay attention!
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!