Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck in combat is getting worse

Aorys
Aorys
✭✭✭
Well... Why do we got mounts If we can't ride? Thanks to the amazing combat coding, if you close the game you will not be able to login for 15 minutes. I can't enjoy Cyrodiil because game force me to walk thru the entire map on foot. And I bet this, as many other plea posts, is going to be moved to the void and hidden. Because its easier than seeking solutions and fix the problem.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 15, 2023 1:35AM
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been unable to mount the majority of the time that I've played this Whitestrake's Event. There's no reason that you should be stuck in combat 15-20 minutes after your last engagement, when not in a group, and after having died and respawned back at your home base. Can't mount up, can't use Wayshrines, and can't log out. Good times.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love being in combat and running from one keep to another and getting to the front door and LEAVING COMBAT just to go back into it when I attack an NPC
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have not gotten stuck in combat for extended periods yet (my combat in Cryodiil is rarely getting squished by passing zerg while on my way to next scouting target) but I understand one can que to IC while in combat. Of course queue back to Cryo on prime time during event could be more annoying than just staying in permacombat there.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to avoid being stuck in combat is to NEVER leave a fight until you or all of the enemy are dead. Tagging an enemy with a DoT or one of your compatriots with a HoT will put you in combat as long as they remain in combat, or until you die. Occasionally, being in combat will persist through death, but that's much more rare and almost always ends within a minute.

I really wish ZOS would put in some sort of hard timer that automatically removes you from combat if you haven't personally dealt or healed damage in, say, 5 minutes. It's shameful how many times I've been forced to run back into a resource tower just so the AP farmers there can kill me so I can go somewhere useful.
    Edited by Marcus684 on May 15, 2023 3:10PM
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 years old game and this bug is here since day one. In the past we couid atleast switch the gear or mount up in combat if we didn't take any dmg for certain period of time now. ZoS removed that option and did literally nothing to fix being stucked in combat. How can even guards 2 keeps away still see me and be in combat with me?...
    Edited by Galeriano on May 15, 2023 3:25PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that the dual rider mounts did not fix this in any way...
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    The best way to avoid being stuck in combat is to NEVER leave a fight until you or all of the enemy are dead. Tagging an enemy with a DoT or one of your compatriots with a HoT will put you in combat as long as they remain in combat, or until you die. Occasionally, being in combat will persist through death, but that's much more rare and almost always ends within a minute.

I really wish ZOS would put in some sort of hard timer that automatically removes you from combat if you haven't personally dealt or healed damage in, say, 5 minutes. It's shameful how many times I've been forced to run back into a resource tower just so the AP farmers there can kill me so I can go somewhere useful.

I'm all for killing every single enemy, however that's a really tall task when you everyone has 40K+ health, max resistances, and is running around stacking heals. I feel like if you are able to crouch and go hidden for a set period of time, that it should also clear your aggro, so that you can mount up again.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

I'm all for killing every single enemy, however that's a really tall task when you everyone has 40K+ health, max resistances, and is running around stacking heals. I feel like if you are able to crouch and go hidden for a set period of time, that it should also clear your aggro, so that you can mount up again.

Oh I agree. That's why I sometimes end up running back into the tower so the farmers can kill me, rather than spending the next 20 minutes either stuck in combat or uselessly trying to burst through their heal-stacking.
  • Nydarisa
    Nydarisa
    Soul Shriven
    Honestly, the biggest frustration is the inability to mount while in combat. By changing this one condition, the perceived severity of this bug would be greatly reduced. People attempting to mount while actually in combat would simply be interrupted, while people not actively engaged can flee so I do not see any immersion-related reasons not the make this type of a change.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my pvp NB mount sucks cause i hate how the mount upgrades are done in the game, so i get around the problem by using ring of the wild hunt lol

that + sprinting is basically max movement speed in medium armor, so i tend to eat stamina a lot, i never have to worry about mounting lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my pvp NB mount sucks cause i hate how the mount upgrades are done in the game, so i get around the problem by using ring of the wild hunt lol

that + sprinting is basically max movement speed in medium armor, so i tend to eat stamina a lot, i never have to worry about mounting lol

The only problem there is that I don't want to have to run somewhere and then wait to get resources back so that I can jump into action. I'm a MagSorc rollie pollie!

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

The only problem there is that I don't want to have to run somewhere and then wait to get resources back so that I can jump into action. I'm a MagSorc rollie pollie!

yeah it has bitten me before, such as when a gank stuns me and im nearly out of stamina from running lol

but ive been ganked more times because i got knocked off my mount than because of no stam to ccbreak lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Lena_HJ
    Lena_HJ
    ✭✭✭
    2kdvwm03jcjv.png

Definitely NOT in combat XD

[deconning stuff in DC alliance base in Greyhost]
    Orc Elf == Best Elf :]
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭
    Lena_HJ wrote: »
    2kdvwm03jcjv.png

Definitely NOT in combat XD

[deconning stuff in DC alliance base in Greyhost]

try to close the game and relogging, you will be so pissed off for 15 minutes until your character be disconnected. And the same is happening on middle of dungeons and trials, Im getting booted from the server them 15 minutes to be able to login again. This happens and people be pissed off with you because it looks like you are doing on purpose, then you get kicked from the groups. Yeah, so much fun that there isnt a single time this happens and I don't think on quitting
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    4gi3uya85omx.jpg
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braggar wrote: »
    4gi3uya85omx.jpg

You missed one I see quite often when the server is lagging:

"The meatbag catapult is busy"

What's it busy doing? Doesn't it know there's a battle going on?!
  • Mansquito
    Mansquito
    ✭✭✭
    Love it, suggestions are turn off the game or log out and log in to fix a clear and obvious bug, instead of expecting the game developers to address said bug 😂 .

The state of this game is embarrassing.
  • Lena_HJ
    Lena_HJ
    ✭✭✭

Lol^^ At least your catapult is doing something - I my poor Orkie can't.
    The map was blue, so I decided to clear my journal before the event ends and pick up the missing few for the archievement.

i3nmrijkkk6n.png

Like... how?
    Orc Elf == Best Elf :]
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Braggar wrote: »

You missed one I see quite often when the server is lagging:

You´ll understand the ESO logic, after 10 beer.

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much spent 95% of this Whitestrake's Event running around on foot because I was not able to mount. It's beyond ridiculous when you cannot mount after dying and respawning at one of your home gates. It's even more ridiculous when you have not been in combat for several minutes and game finally does the whistle and puts your weapon away, but instead of mounting up, it cancels the animation and it tells you that you cannot mount in combat. WHAT???
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stuck in combat may be an advantage for Arcanists. It may allow you to generate crux without actually fighting anything.
    PC EU
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot post on the forums while in combat.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens everywhere. Yesterday, 5-23-2023 I was stuck in combat forever. I was in Auridon looting chests and discovered I was "In Combat". So I ran and ran all the way to the nearest town and I was still "In Combat". Tried to log out. Nope, can't do that in combat. I walked and walked for another ten minutes.
    Still "In Combat". So I had to Force Quit the game. That's ridiculous.

Couldn't log back in of course so I went off to do real world things. When I finally logged back in I was not in combat.

This issue must be fixed.
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Hello! Its possible to have an idea here of the scale of this problem. Please, help!
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    You cannot post on the forums while in combat.

LOLOLOL
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not understand why this bug is such a big issue for years. It should ahve been fixed long ago. I have never seen an in-combat bug that persisted for more than a few seconds in any other game.

It is clear that Zenimax has a talented team working on this game so I wonder why year they allow this bug to persist.

@Aorys Spend some time in Cyrodiil and the scale of this problem is clear. We do not need Gina to tell us that much since we experience it often.

What Gina can tell us is when Zenimax plans to address and remedy this major issue.

Edited by Amottica on May 24, 2023 7:19PM
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    I do not understand why this bug is such a big issue for years. It should ahve been fixed long ago. I have never seen an in-combat bug that persisted for more than a few seconds in any other game.

It is clear that Zenimax has a talented team working on this game so I wonder why year they allow this bug to persist.

@Aorys Spend some time in Cyrodiil and the scale of this problem is clear. We do not need Gina to tell us that much since we experience it often.

What Gina can tell us is when Zenimax plans to address and remedy this major issue.

Yes I wish to have it fixed too. My bad english didn't let me express this correctly
  • Mophett
    Mophett
    In Grayhost EU 26th May I had finished fighting and ported to base to hand in quests. I like to switch in some abilities when I hand in quests to level them up, but was unable to do so due to being stuck in combat.

I sat at base thinking I would come out of combat. I sat as far from others as possible and took a stealth pot to see if I could get out of combat. NOTHING worked, not a thing.

Now other games namely one very successful game more than 20 years ago would take you out of combat if your extremely far from them but here we are in 2023 and programmers seem to have lost this coding skill.

In the end I went to BB and killed myself jumping off the balcony a few times.

They could just simply make a shield type area over the quest the faction bases so as soon as you enter said area you are removed from combat even if this means you can no longer cast anything in these areas, at least this could help a little bit.

The funny thing is sometimes even after you die you can still be stuck in combat with Sorcerer Daedric Curse exploding on your character when reviving or some other dots still ticking on you.
  • agwm_2014
    agwm_2014
    ✭✭
    Aorys wrote: »
    Well... Why do we got mounts If we can't ride? Thanks to the amazing combat coding, if you close the game you will not be able to login for 15 minutes. I can't enjoy Cyrodiil because game force me to walk thru the entire map on foot. And I bet this, as many other plea posts, is going to be moved to the void and hidden. Because its easier than seeking solutions and fix the problem.

The best workaround I found so far, is using a 'self destruction' potion: Blessed Thistle + Fleshfly Larva + Nightshade (no points in Snakeblood passive). You will drop dead in about 10s wherever you are, and the combat bug will be gone.
  • Displaced_Salad
    Displaced_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    Overland play is infurating enough(at least to me) when dealing with this. I cannot imagine the frustration of alliance/pvp in combination with this issue. I know a rework is a monumental task, but after this amount of time, something amounting to more than cosmetic changes need to be made.
    I_CraftwithPntButter: 2023 is the year your supposed to be doing better , remember ? Advice for the future : com·mu·ni·ca·tion (noun)the imparting or exchanging of information or news.KlauthWarthog: Well, they can definitely measure fun on their spreadsheets, otherwise they would not be able to nerf it so consistently.