The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1 BAR HEAVY ATTACK MAGPLAR BUILD -VIDEO

VvwvenomwvV
VvwvenomwvV
✭✭✭✭
Hello people.

I made a 1 bar heavy attack Magplar build video. I hope you enjoy joy!

https://youtu.be/JBzxNOQ6Eeg
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why have an infinite-sustain build with a spammable that isn't Blazing Spear?

And did you say at what health percentage you think somebody should switch over to Jesus Beam? Without careful testing, I suspect the right number of being so low that there are better alternatives to slotting that skill at all.
  • VvwvenomwvV
    VvwvenomwvV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blazing Spear is a good skill, but it can be a little wonky trying to get it to work, especially when it's lagging. It's good for helping a tank with resources, and is good for damage. It's just wonky at times.

As for the execute, it starts at 50% health. It's a great skill and it puts minor sorcery in the group. As for PvE, with a proper heavy attack build, your normal rotation with your heavy attacks while weaving your skills can out dps the execute by itself. It would depend on the player and how well they do their rotation. If the rotation needs work, the execute might be the better option.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blazing Spear is a good skill, but it can be a little wonky trying to get it to work, especially when it's lagging. It's good for helping a tank with resources, and is good for damage. It's just wonky at times.

As for the execute, it starts at 50% health. It's a great skill and it puts minor sorcery in the group. As for PvE, with a proper heavy attack build, your normal rotation with your heavy attacks while weaving your skills can out dps the execute by itself. It would depend on the player and how well they do their rotation. If the rotation needs work, the execute might be the better option.

When I tested a little on a dummy, Jesus Beam seemingly outperformed HA/Blazing Spear only at such a low health level it didn't seem worth slotting. Ditto when I was playing live, although that "test" was VERY impressionistic and potentially inaccurate.

I agree that it's important to make room for a Dawn's Wrath skill, and not just one that only works in execute range. I've been using Power of the Light over Purifying Light so far. I haven't played HA Magplar much yet in the kinds of defensive scenarios where using Living Dark instead might make sense.
  • VvwvenomwvV
    VvwvenomwvV
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's why I don't run Blazing Spear.