The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Any good plant/mineral farming areas in Cyrodiil ?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since I read about the double resource drops during the Whitestrake's event, I tried to find good plant/mineral farming areas in Cyrodiil, but I (mostly) just find runeboxes. Cyrodiil (or at least my home alliance area) seems to be lacking a lot of resource nodes. Where are some good farming areas ?
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've not really noticed anywhere specific, I usually just warp to a keep, usually not any right at the forefront of my alliances line, pick a direction away and off I go. Although the vast majority of the time I end up around enemy keeps, and have yet to actually see another player, let alone run into trouble. I've not noticed any lack of resources for the most part when running around, so spacing out could help you net some extra nodes
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The southeast section of Cyro is the most resource rich. Sort of near Vlastrus and a bit more south and inner on the map is where most people went to try and farm the recipe pages due to resource nodes being the most concentrated in that area of the map. But resource nodes are pretty well spread out in Cyrodiil, so it doesn't make a huge difference. Just find a part of the map and a campaign that isn't packed with opponents and start farming works the best I think.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    most delves have a bunch of resources
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience is that all types of nodes are all over, so it doesn't really matter that much which part of the map you're looking on. But as soon as you start looking for a specific type of node for an endeavor-- like, harvest 8 Runestones-- suddenly they all disappear and you can't find any even though you remember finding a lot of them concentrated within a particular area before. And as soon as you finally find enough of them to complete the endeavor, suddenly they all reappear in the places where you couldn't find them just a minute earlier.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    My experience is that all types of nodes are all over, so it doesn't really matter that much which part of the map you're looking on. But as soon as you start looking for a specific type of node for an endeavor-- like, harvest 8 Runestones-- suddenly they all disappear and you can't find any even though you remember finding a lot of them concentrated within a particular area before. And as soon as you finally find enough of them to complete the endeavor, suddenly they all reappear in the places where you couldn't find them just a minute earlier.
    I know: i've noticed Murphy's Law myself on various occasions! :)
    But I've definitely noticed that the resources are sparser in Cyrodiil than in other zones. If I farm in e.g. Craglorn, I can farm a lot of materials in a short time, but in Cyrodiil's rolling hills, the resource nodes are a lot harder to find. That's just my impression, though: I'm new to Cyrodiil.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my understanding is that each zone has the same number of resources - smaller zone, denser the resource nodes will be...

cyrodiil is a huge zone, so generally resource nodes are really spread out...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    my understanding is that each zone has the same number of resources - smaller zone, denser the resource nodes will be...

Thanks for that reply! :)

I'd forgotten about that aspect of the game. By the way, am I the only one who thinks that's a bad design decision ? How realistic is it to spread the same number of resources across each zone, regardless of the zone's size ?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure how strictly true that "same number of resources" idea is, but I've also heard that. Whether it's also true for Cyrodiil is another matter, because Cyrodiil essentially consists of three different alliance zones, so it might be that Cyrodiil as a whole has 3 times as many nodes as a PvE zone, but I have no idea. I only know that in some areas the nodes seem to be just as plentiful as in a normal zone.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

I'd forgotten about that aspect of the game. By the way, am I the only one who thinks that's a bad design decision ? How realistic is it to spread the same number of resources across each zone, regardless of the zone's size ?

If the node density was increased, more players would be in the zone just to farm. It is pretty easy to be all by your self away from the contested keeps. So the population caps would be hit by players who are not engaging in activities that the zone is set up for.

The time i have spent in Cyrodiil, i never really had time for Farming, always chasing the next keep or resource battle.

It is easy to find an depopulated base zone and farm for an hour to find all the resources you would need.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

If the node density was increased, more players would be in the zone just to farm. It is pretty easy to be all by your self away from the contested keeps. So the population caps would be hit by players who are not engaging in activities that the zone is set up for.

The time i have spent in Cyrodiil, i never really had time for Farming, always chasing the next keep or resource battle.

It is easy to find an depopulated base zone and farm for an hour to find all the resources you would need.
    I understand your point completely, and agree that the PvP should take priority in this zone.

However, it seems odd (to me, at least) that this event promises double resource drops but makes those resources difficult to farm, because they're quite spread out compared to other zones. Personally, I've been farming everything I could find, dismounting whenever I see any resources, but any benefit I've received so far from the so-called double drops has been quite minimal.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    here is the spawn map of mushrooms, herbs, and non-water alchemy stuff

81nYcrj.png

and here is a heatmap for comparison too.

CIhOMoi.png

OP I can zoom in on a portion of the map if you'd like, just let me know where.

As you can see, the snowy areas are the one place you don't want to look for them (also behind the gates, but you may find some good runestone route behind gates). Water Hyacinths/Nirnroot are going to be by rivers, mushrooms at the foot of trees, in caves, and generally around dead things or ruins. Everything else is usually in the field.

I haven't really looked into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mountain Flower grew on mountain-like areas, and stuff like nightshade and dragonthorn were around flowery areas (Outside of Nirnroot, Water Hyacinth, and Mushrooms, I never took stock of other the spawn table composition). Since they took care to make mushrooms grow where they normally would realistically, I assume they took care to make other things grow in other places realistically.
    Edited by Dr_Con on May 21, 2023 12:06AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I understand your point completely, and agree that the PvP should take priority in this zone.

However, it seems odd (to me, at least) that this event promises double resource drops but makes those resources difficult to farm, because they're quite spread out compared to other zones. Personally, I've been farming everything I could find, dismounting whenever I see any resources, but any benefit I've received so far from the so-called double drops has been quite minimal.

The nodes are spread out becuase the zone is huge, not for the event.

However, i will say that during other events where they double nodes in a specific zone all the other zones are the place to farm as everyone is hoovering up the nodes where they are doubled.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »

81nYcrj.png

CIhOMoi.png

As you can see, the snowy areas are the one place you don't want to look for them (also behind the gates, but you may find some good runestone route behind gates). Water Hyacinths/Nirnroot are going to be by rivers, mushrooms at the foot of trees, in caves, and generally around dead things or ruins. Everything else is usually in the field.

I haven't really looked into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mountain Flower grew on mountain-like areas, and stuff like nightshade and dragonthorn were around flowery areas (Outside of Nirnroot, Water Hyacinth, and Mushrooms, I never took stock of other the spawn table composition). Since they took care to make mushrooms grow where they normally would realistically, I assume they took care to make other things grow in other places realistically.

amazing information, thanks for sharing...

it's funny, I was riding around the other day and thinking about this thread, looking for resource nodes :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »

81nYcrj.png

CIhOMoi.png

Thanks for the detailed information.

That explains why I've had trouble finding ore/wood/plants: I've been foraging mainly in the area around Vlastarus, while I do the 9 daily town quests each day. What makes it even tougher to find anything is that according to everything I've read on the internet, and my observations during this event, Cyrodiil is several times larger than the other zones, and so the icons on the map you screen-dumped are actually not that close to each other.

Today (my last chance during the double-drop period), I should probably try foraging around Castle Faregyl, it seems to be redder on the resource heat-map.
    Edited by vsrs_au on May 23, 2023 2:27AM
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ProudMary wrote: »
    The southeast section of Cyro is the most resource rich. Sort of near Vlastrus and a bit more south and inner on the map is where most people went to try and farm the recipe pages due to resource nodes being the most concentrated in that area of the map. But resource nodes are pretty well spread out in Cyrodiil, so it doesn't make a huge difference. Just find a part of the map and a campaign that isn't packed with opponents and start farming works the best I think.

That's cause it borders the Valen. So obviously it has the most plants