The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Really disappointed of Western Skyrim background music

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
Lore-wise I cannot immerse too deep into Western Skyrim when just peacefuly walking around the map, or doing something mundane, if I'm forced to hear such dull repeatable ambience music, that has nothing to catch my ears for long. It has not even a smallest part of original Skyrim spirit, in my opinion.
I was playing original TESVSkyrim for over 1200 hours, over and over again, mildly tasting the original background music... standing on top of a mountain staring far away, with "Wind Guide You" coming deep into my soul. That was some experience I will never forget.
Now playing Eso Skyrim bores me so much, when the music play some mixed random haunted tracks, ofter changing direction and rhymes, I don't feel like I'm at home there.

I recently downloaded original TESV Skyrim music and will now mute ESO music to play original background from a mobile, but I hope there could be a better way to immerse into Western Skyrim than it is now.
I feel that that this iconic land in ESO lost it's potential due to bad music and shallow voice acting.

Jeremy Soule - Wind Guide You - can feel a growing tense for five minutes than it bursts with epic moment and fades again, everything on place, pure melody, true masterpiece...
https://youtu.be/qBBwdOGDIKk
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on May 13, 2023 9:59PM
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I first came to Western Skyrim back then, I thought I was in a different game... But now I kind of like the music. It's different, it has a different atmosphere and feels almost refreshing.
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the point of making ESO sound more like Skyrim? We already have Skyrim. Several editions at that. ESO's Western Skyrim is about fear. Fear of witchcraft, fear of supernatural monsters imagined and real and in world of their own underground, and fear of their neighbours, the old and "decadent" East with their foreign Dark Elven and Argonian allies, the savage and belligerent Reachmen up the Karth and even the Daggerfall Covenant. TESV's OST has nothing to do with that.

Also, this isn't a lore topic. Apart from the bards, the background music isn't playing in-universe.
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    Greetings,

After review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic (General ESO Discussion, as this is a thread regarding the music and the feelings it invokes rather than lore specifically).

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you mute the ESO music, you're missing out on some good music. Yes, Jeremy Soule did a great job on the Skyrim soundtrack but Brad Derrick has also done a great job on the ESO soundtracks. There's over 12 hours of music, with different musical arrangements for different zones. It's definitely worth listening to.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first when i heard it back in 2020 (almost 3 years ago now....let that sink in) i didn't like it, however it's grown on me. Kaushad put it perfectly, it fits for what W.Skyrim is about.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Western skyrim was made during corona, that was the official reason why it was low quality versus the rest of the dlcs.