The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

TESO Crafting Questions...

annarr1117nub18_ESO
Does armor and weapons crafting require my player character to be at a specific xp level in TESO and how complicated is it to gather up enough required crafting materials and ingredients in TESO???
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, you can do it at any level... however, keep in mind that a lower level character would need to be fed mats for the higher level equipment (you really can't survive as a low end char in those areas, because it's guaranteed something will aggro you).

And it depends on which crafting.

Enchanting is hard due to the scarcity and relative difficulty to find the runes.

Clothing and woodworking are easy because the nodes are everywhere and easy to spot.

Blacksmithing takes a little more since the nodes have a preference for cliffs...
  • SinBad
    SinBad
    ✭✭✭
    In the crafting skill line, you can add skill points to the crafting style you want. For example blacksmithing, you have to add a skill point to a skill to be able to smith steel ingots and so on for the higher lvl gear.
    You dont need to be any level to craft the gear but to smelt the steel ingots and other higher level ingots you need to raise your crafting lvl.

Finding them is a matter if you have a good eye or not. I find them pretty easy.
    but there is also a skill that will let you see the materials better, it adds a glow to them when you are within range
    Myrmidons, my brothers of the sword. I'd rather fight beside you than any army of thousands. Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting, beyond that beach? Immortality!Take it, it's yours!