The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It's been five years since Jewlery Crafting was introduced.

Sallymen
Sallymen
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we please be able to decon old jewelry pieces now?
0id5nl5i4675.png
Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 14, 2023 4:17PM
Current Undaunted Key Count: 4,902
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've long given up on that pipe dream.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow you just made me feel old.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't the point of making them not deconstructible specifically so that people didn't hoard them? I think they should stick to this kind of thing so people can free up inventory space.

Otherwise, next time they make a change like adding jewelry crafting, people will hoard stuff because "last time they rewarded hoarding after a few years."

Delete them! You'll be free lol
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

dont

i refuse to believe, the passage of time isnt real, its a illusion! its not been half a decade, no, no, no!
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Wow you just made me feel old.

People who weren't even born yet when the first Harry Potter movie came out are now old enough to drink.

You're welcome
    love is love
  • jad11mumbler
    jad11mumbler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't the point of making them not deconstructible specifically so that people didn't hoard them? I think they should stick to this kind of thing so people can free up inventory space.

Otherwise, next time they make a change like adding jewelry crafting, people will hoard stuff because "last time they rewarded hoarding after a few years."

Delete them! You'll be free lol

Rewarded them with a few golden grains? Lol.
    Even if you have a character filled with 100, I'd barely call it a reward after 5 years.

Crafting writs are more rewarding.
    174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have the materials for it, you can easily reconstruct the said item at a Transmute Station.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My take on this is that they should leave it alone.

I get that they did this so people would not be able to get a jump start on the skill immediately when it came out, but after 5 years, the number of these items held by accounts that have been used in recent years must be pretty low. Does it make sense to have some dev go in and do that work to enable deconstruction? Maybe it would be time better spent to do something else?

Also, Caligamy, my kids were old enough to drink after a few minutes. Otherwise, they would have been quite thirsty growing up. :smile:

(Thank you. I'm here all week. Try the meatloaf.)

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd prefer if they added a jewelry hirling.
    Or didn't have 10x components for 1 upgrade material.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Sallymen
    Sallymen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just seems like a waste to destroy my old jewelery rather than decon it though :(
    Current Undaunted Key Count: 4,902
  • Gnesnig
    Gnesnig
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Does it make sense to have some dev go in and do that work to enable deconstruction? Maybe it would be time better spent to do something else?

If it is anything more than flipping a boolean, then I get why patches are complicated and bugs take years. Honestly - this shouldn't count as work. The fact that it won't be done has more to do with prioritsation: in general - management doesn't like an overworked team to look at low hanging fruit (easy bug fixes/enhancements), but eyes on the next shiny new thing.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnesnig wrote: »
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Does it make sense to have some dev go in and do that work to enable deconstruction? Maybe it would be time better spent to do something else?

If it is anything more than flipping a boolean, then I get why patches are complicated and bugs take years. Honestly - this shouldn't count as work. The fact that it won't be done has more to do with prioritsation: in general - management doesn't like an overworked team to look at low hanging fruit (easy bug fixes/enhancements), but eyes on the next shiny new thing.

I imagine the possibility that Jewelry Crafting introduced all new jewelry items that were built to be deconstructed. Rather than migrating all the old jewelry to the new item definition, they just made it so only new jewelry used it. Just a guess.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Crafting section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post