The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A little disappointed in the Chronometer - Suggestion

MoonPile
MoonPile
✭✭✭✭
I'm sure most people don't care about this, even out of those into housing. But I'll try anyway - Light and color are really important to me; that's why I spent tons of gold and grinded out writs to get the Chronometer of the Tribunal. (Sadly I missed the Hourglass of Alkosh!) Now I'm a little disappointed to find that the presets are so limited.

SUGGESTION / REQUEST: would it be possible to
  • make a continuous dial - we choose when to stop, instead of preset times
  • If continuous is impossible, then a smaller progression, like how furniture can be rotated .5, 1, or 15 degrees
  • OR let time progress normally and use it to lock the current time of day

P.S. while we're here, weather control? :D

Screenshots:
Light at early morning, dusk. Can't get these with the Chronometer: its Sunset & Sunrise stops are too early, Midnight & Morning too late.

skipdfn4jl5w.jpg
c3jd5wqqkllc.jpg
xnx66z21th7y.jpg
sw3cqmdp20b1.jpg
2h5yso2y3tyt.jpg

Edited by MoonPile on May 12, 2023 1:48AM
  • CaptivAzn
    CaptivAzn
    Soul Shriven
    I have the chronometer too, and am frustrated with it coz it really should have a setting in between sunset and midnight. "Sunset" is still too bright, but "midnight" is just way too dark. There's so many in-between options for "lit" timeframes, but not for "darker" timeframes.

So you can waste your already limited furnishing slots on tons of lights at Midnight setting if you want to see where you're going...
    Or set it to "sunset"and don't bother with furnishings that have lighting/glow FX coz it's no longer noticeable -- like the aetherial well, sapphire candlefly gathering, certain trophies, etc coz the area is still bright as heck from the sun.

Also, the chronometer only works in SOME of the houses -- but this isn't mentioned in its description.
    Edited by CaptivAzn on July 27, 2023 6:28PM