The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Karth River Cleave missing red effect?

PurpleScroll
PurpleScroll
✭✭✭✭
I'm rather confused about this one. The image shows no red effect on this animation and it doesn't have one when used, but by default, those weapons have a red aura on them, and every other material gather animation prior to this one have had some sort of colourful effect on them. I'm going to be extremely disappointed if this was intended.

Can @ZOS_Kevin or @ZOS_GinaBruno say if this was intended or not?

Thanks!
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to know this, too.

Speaking of this animation, do we know if it has the same bug as the Reach Witch Removal where the animation continues to play after the node is harvested if you have Master Gatherer?
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Speaking of this animation, do we know if it has the same bug as the Reach Witch Removal where the animation continues to play after the node is harvested if you have Master Gatherer?

What even is the difference between the 2 gathering modes? I can't see any.
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

What even is the difference between the 2 gathering modes? I can't see any.

It is just the speed that the resource is picked up. The animation is supposed to speed up to reflect that.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was half tempted to get this one - I have the Reach Witch Removal and love the red glow from it - but with no glow, ZOS is either being cheap/lazy, or it's a bug (still lazy then - wouldn't be the first time crown store items have had visual issues though).

I hope this gets addressed, felt a little misleading that it didn't have a red glow.
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stonelore Split was 1200 crowns, right? Maybe this one is cheaper since it doesn't have the glow. Would still love to know for sure from ZOS if the lack of glow is intentional, though.
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stonelore Split was 1200 crowns, right? Maybe this one is cheaper since it doesn't have the glow. Would still love to know for sure from ZOS if the lack of glow is intentional, though.

Oh I didn't even look at the price! I think you might be on to something.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't look at khajiit. This one had _NOTHING_ to do with this, he tried his best. Blame the marketing nubs.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the only thing this "animation" changes is the look of the axe used...
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Czeri wrote: »
    I think the only thing this "animation" changes is the look of the axe used...

And I think it's a worse axe. It reminds me of when we couldn't dye rubedite weapons. Sure, it's a more detailed model, but the hatchet is fine.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨