The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Drink recovery buffs are lack luster

sneakymitchell
sneakymitchell
✭✭✭✭
The old drinks that been around for years. The drinks don’t give out much. The hp recovery from them are mediocre that the sugar skulls is better option.

The fix should be simple like give out weapon damage and spell damage depending on drink while also hp recovery give it more recovery like 100-200 more. But yet we still use food cause the resource boost and damage boost also survabilty.
NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Food and Drink buffs in general could use a pass. The unique holiday consumables are used in almost every case, PvP or PvE. There should be a wider range of options for food and drinks, instead of "Use one of these three, or this one if you can't afford it".
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Food and Drink buffs in general could use a pass. The unique holiday consumables are used in almost every case, PvP or PvE. There should be a wider range of options for food and drinks, instead of "Use one of these three, or this one if you can't afford it".

Yep, its either a gold food for vet raid score runs, purple tri stat for tanks & PVP or regen (depending on the build), and blue food for everything else. Though, even with some hybrids like DK builds, you need to use the purple tri stat. I would welcome some diversity.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just weird that they've stopped introducing new drinks/food entirely.

There are SO many different combinations, even just using the existing buffs, that need to have their own food/drink.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This mechanic could definitely use a pass through to update the options available, especially for the holiday food and drinks since those are essentially reskinned regular foods outside of the few niche (and expensive) food options that have additional effects (for fishing/vamp/werewolf, etc).
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be fun if they add a few food/Drinks and new kind of potion.

Something like the heroism pots but maybe you get minor force, minor brutality or maybe even a potion that gives you x amount of seconds Major force that uses rare drop mats.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously! When was the last time a new recipe came out? The last I remember was Witches Festival with Pack Leader's Bone Broth and Corrupt Bloody Mara (or whatever). Was that 2019? 2020?
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • ChaoticWings3
    ChaoticWings3
    ✭✭
    This does seem interesting. I don't really have ideas towards this regard but I do understand that there is only so many recipes and some of them feel like they are repeating. Possibly adding a special effect to them like with ambrosia (which essentially increases exp gain but doesn't buff any stats) could be something interesting.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some drink buffs should maybe include a player buff as well (i.e. minor brutality, sorcery, etc)
    Edited by Dr_Con on May 21, 2023 8:29PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I really want is Provision Crafting where I can make food and drink with the attributes I want.

For example,

I want Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch without the Health Recovery and boost other stats instead.

J6RGSUO.png

Another example,

There is no food or drink with Max Health, Max Stamina, Magicka Recovery. This would be great for Stam Sorc PvP.

0bczc2R.png

Reference: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Special_Recipes

Edited by SkaraMinoc on May 21, 2023 7:37PM
    PC NA
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is increasing your sustain/recovery dramatically doesn't outweigh having a bigger stat pool from food. Bigger stat pool = better damage scaling or you can absorb more damage.

Additionally, people in group play rely more on support to provide boosts to sustain or resource management, which also reduces the utility of having consumables focused on boosting your sustain/recovery.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is increasing your sustain/recovery dramatically doesn't outweigh having a bigger stat pool from food. Bigger stat pool = better damage scaling or you can absorb more damage.

Additionally, people in group play rely more on support to provide boosts to sustain or resource management, which also reduces the utility of having consumables focused on boosting your sustain/recovery.

That might be true in PvE-land but in PvP resource recovery is still of paramount importance.
  • Weckless
    Weckless
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the purpose of drinks tbh. Every drink has food counterpart that is a direct upgrade i.e. Dubious<Artaeum, Witchmothers<Clockwork, Jewels<Bear Haunch, Spring Loaded Infusion<Sugar Skulls. The only one that isnt available as a food i believe are the ones that give purely recovery with no stats I could be wrong though. I think a cool idea could be to half the values on all food/drinks and allow you to have both giving you more options to tweak and fine tune your build. If you want the old artaeum then just run it with dubious or you could run a max health + max stat food with a dual recovery drink in pvp and get your health and some mag or stam with both recoveries. Even could run orzorgas and recovery drink and get health + stam recovery + another stam + mag recovery and not have to get that wasted health recovery from bear haunch lol
    Edited by Weckless on May 27, 2023 11:23PM
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drinks received a slight nerf to stats compared to foods back in the elsweyr patch. The devs deemed drinks too stat dense when running certain sets (e.g. bone pirate / bright throat’s boast).

Later dev notes in the scalebreaker patch were clear on this reasoning:

“This was done to retain the fact that drinks are meant to be slightly weaker than their food counterparts, due to special item sets and bonuses that key off them.“

Why the devs went for the drinks nerf rather than set nerfs I do not know. It led to some oddities like the stamina parse food being stronger than the equivalent magicka parse drink:

Lava Foot Soup-and-Saltrice (Stamina)
    4936 Stamina
    493 Stamina Recovery

Ghastly Eyeball (Magicka)
    4592 Magicka
    459 Magicka Recovery

I think we can agree that the sets in question are no longer an issue. The max mag/stam those sets provide is less desirable in the current game, hybridisation has had a big effect on how resources are used and there are simply much stronger sets now. Regardless the drink nerf remains in place.
  • Weckless
    Weckless
    ✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    Drinks received a slight nerf to stats compared to foods back in the elsweyr patch. The devs deemed drinks too stat dense when running certain sets (e.g. bone pirate / bright throat’s boast).

Later dev notes in the scalebreaker patch were clear on this reasoning:

“This was done to retain the fact that drinks are meant to be slightly weaker than their food counterparts, due to special item sets and bonuses that key off them.“

Why the devs went for the drinks nerf rather than set nerfs I do not know. It led to some oddities like the stamina parse food being stronger than the equivalent magicka parse drink:

Lava Foot Soup-and-Saltrice (Stamina)
    4936 Stamina
    493 Stamina Recovery

Ghastly Eyeball (Magicka)
    4592 Magicka
    459 Magicka Recovery

I think we can agree that the sets in question are no longer an issue. The max mag/stam those sets provide is less desirable in the current game, hybridisation has had a big effect on how resources are used and there are simply much stronger sets now. Regardless the drink nerf remains in place.

Plus there are sets that proc off of having a food buff now like grisly gourmand
    Edited by Weckless on May 31, 2023 9:38PM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a purple max stam + mag + stam/mag recovery(one of each). or new gold stam/mag recovery versions of sugarskull(instead of hp recovery)
    Edited by Nord_Raseri on May 31, 2023 9:47PM
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.