Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

INCREASE ALLIANCE CHANGE TOKEN PRICE IN THE CROWN STORE

Tzirzhalir
Tzirzhalir
✭✭
To stop overpopulation on only one alliance. Please increase the Alliance change token from 2500 crowns to 5000 crowns. There is also a glitch players use to hop mid Gray host campaign. This will hopefully stop after an increase.
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on May 11, 2023 3:36AM
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    huh, decrease please i have a couple characters i would like to change alliance and not for pvp purposes but wont pay 2500 crowns to do it rn lol
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How effective would this actually be at stopping people switching to the winning team?

I assume I'm not the only person who has created characters in all 3 alliances. I only use 1 for PvP, but that's by choice, there's nothing stopping me taking the others there if I wanted to and I wouldn't need to use an alliance change token to do it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • HappyDan
    HappyDan
    ✭✭✭
    I mean decreasing it (or just making a sale) will allow people to change alliances.
    Making it more expensive will get more people stuck in their alliances, so you will have all in one alliance.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people have 2500 crowns just to burn on alliance change tokens for manipulating PvP at a whim, then they have 5000 crowns to burn as well. This won’t stop the issue. It only hurts people who wish to use the token legitimately.

Having said that, I have never bought one and just assumed the token was already 5000c to begin with. So I learned something new today!
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This by far the worst idea I have read on these forums in a long time.
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    This by far the worst idea I have read on these forums in a long time.

And it's a competitive field...
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    felt far less static before we had alliance lock. I meanwhile play cyro only rarely. Don't deny that there were issues like "spies", but prefered the more dynamic gameplay at that time.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What would this do to the egirl/eboy economy?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daoin wrote: »
    huh, decrease please i have a couple characters i would like to change alliance and not for pvp purposes but wont pay 2500 crowns to do it rn lol

I'm curious, why do you want to change factions for non PVP stuff?
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what you do EP will always be overpopulated.
  • oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    imo, they should just get rid of the whole alliance lock and not even let people alliance change. I liked having my characters being like 4 on ad, 4 ep, 4 dc and all in one campaign, no matter what places alliances had took, rewards would be the same for me. As of now, There's mostly DC, EP in Gray Host seems to have picked up, AD too surprisingly but they're still really low.
  • Gray_howling_parrot
    Gray_howling_parrot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think literally everything in the crown store price wise needs to decrease dramatically lol. It costs more to buy daggerfall overlook than it does to buy the entire game and necrom 🤣
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
  • Grey_Wanderer
    Grey_Wanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Jaustink wrote: »
    I think literally everything in the crown store price wise needs to decrease dramatically lol. It costs more to buy daggerfall overlook than it does to buy the entire game and necrom 🤣

Seriously this.
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some steals though: check out curing vampirism for instance...you'll want a bite of that right?
  • Tzirzhalir
    Tzirzhalir
    ✭✭
    Absolutely fantastic replies. Thank you very much. Never mentioned EP but anyway... I agree with the majority of your input. Makes sense.
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL! alliance lock should have never been a thing. There is no manipulation on the pvp side, just solo/small scalers trying to find fights 😂 if you feel like people are manipulating pvp scores then you're wrong, very few people care about score now a days, I've been pvping since the start and still don't understand or care how the score works I'm just there to kill people.

Only thing that gets manipulated in pvp is the report system by people who don't like dying and say people are cheating when they're just better players than the ones dying :)
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daoin wrote: »

I'm curious, why do you want to change factions for non PVP stuff?

I don't know about him/her, but I used several over the last couple of months to swap all my EP characters into AD and DC. I don't like EP, I decided I couldn't stand to play any of the races, and I wanted to just keep well-leveled characters (three 50s and four from 40-49) in the two factions I DO like.
    Edited by TaSheen on May 9, 2023 7:28PM

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you know the daggerfall overlook is available to buy with gold lol

now for other crown-only houses, i agree they are far too expensive (and like most others i feel everything in the crown store is overpriced lol)

as a personal rule i also generally never buy with crowns anything that is considered a consumable, especially if it has an equivalent item in the game or can be earned in the game
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • MisterGibs
    MisterGibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could just make it so the alliance change doesn't happen until the end of your home campaign.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alliance Change Token should be unlocked once per midyears event, per character... or if that won't do perhaps allow one change per campaign.

You keep your character's original alliance, fine. You want to change? Wait til midyears or wait until the campaign changes and then STICK WITH IT.

Too much of this flim flam back and forth crap. If you don't like where you are fine, move and stick with it and stay there for awhile. If you really want to spend quality time with your friends from DC then that's where you should be.
    Edited by Vulkunne on May 10, 2023 7:18PM
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    #BringBackFactionLock
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    LOL! alliance lock should have never been a thing. There is no manipulation on the pvp side, just solo/small scalers trying to find fights 😂 if you feel like people are manipulating pvp scores then you're wrong, very few people care about score now a days, I've been pvping since the start and still don't understand or care how the score works I'm just there to kill people.

Only thing that gets manipulated in pvp is the report system by people who don't like dying and say people are cheating when they're just better players than the ones dying :)

We have a choice and choice is always good. Considering the queue to get into the alliance locked campaign I'm thinking most players prefer an alliance locked campaign. For those that do not there is always that option.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBH if people want to spend their money on alliance change tokens whenever, they should be able to (it seems like a waste of money to me, but each to their own). If there is a bug as mentioned that you can cheese switching mid campaign, fix that.
    Soupy twist
  • Gray_howling_parrot
    Gray_howling_parrot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

now for other crown-only houses, i agree they are far too expensive (and like most others i feel everything in the crown store is overpriced lol)

as a personal rule i also generally never buy with crowns anything that is considered a consumable, especially if it has an equivalent item in the game or can be earned in the game

That’s irrelevant… they’re pricing is ridiculous. I used daggerfall overlook as an example. You apply this to anything and it’s crazy. They have 2 person mounts for more than the cost of the game too. I buy all this stuff with gold BECAUSE it’s so ridiculously priced
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s irrelevant… they’re pricing is ridiculous. I used daggerfall overlook as an example. You apply this to anything and it’s crazy. They have 2 person mounts for more than the cost of the game too. I buy all this stuff with gold BECAUSE it’s so ridiculously priced

if you read the rest of my post, i agreed with you that everything in the crown store is overpriced and it would have made more sense to maybe list a crown-only house that cannot be purchased with gold

im excluding crown-gold exchange, because there is still crowns involved in the transaction, your not the one paying for them directly, but the fact someone had to buy crowns for the purchase is still supporting the inflated pricing
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    ZOS_Phoenix
    admin
    Greetings,

After review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic (Crown Store & ESO Plus, as this topic is regarding the pricing of a Crown Store item).

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't Greyhost Alliance Locked?

What exactly happens if you change your character's alliance after the lock, wouldn't they be unable to participate?

Still kinda new to PVP, so genuinely curious.