The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Launcher Issues? - Try These

Moonraker
Moonraker
✭✭✭✭
This is mostly a compilation of various things that have worked to resolve some Mac issues with the Launcher during beta. They are not identified as resolving the existing Launcher issues but I though it was worth putting them together for those that want to try them.

Please post how it goes especially if any of them do help.

Do these one at a time not all together to test.

Repair the ESO Install

In the Game Options drop down menu (next to the install in left window) of the Launcher select Repair. It may not show if the install has not been completed previously. Click and let it Verify the installed files. Usually it will take some time to verify each downloaded section then download any missing files and Complete.

Redownload the Mac Installer and install Launcher

Move the existing Launcher from the Zenimax Online folder in Applications (to Desktop)

Then go to your ESO account page and redownload the Installer and follow instructions. Normally it will auto launch the Launcher.

Try again.

Rebooting Mac & Modem/ Router

Shut down your Mac, reboot your modem/ router then boot up and try again.

Switch off OSX Firewall

Disable the OS X Firewall during download

System Preferences > Secuirty & Privacy > Firewall

This is in OS X 10.9 Mavericks, It may be slightly different in other versions.

Change DNS

On the Mac, to change the DNS server IP addresses go to:

System Preferences > Network > Advanced… > DNS

Note the existing ones usually automatically added by your ISP then change them for the Google ones of other you prefer. Remember to Apply changes after clicking OK when done.

Google: 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

Renewing the DCHP Lease.

System Preferences > Network > Select the network you are connected to (indicated by green circle)> Click Advanced > Click Renew DHCP Lease

Switching off Auto Proxy Discovery

-Navigate to the System Preferences under the Apple Menu.
-Open up Network in System Preferences. (Usually located in the third row, third icon.)
-Make sure the network connection with a green dot next to it is selected.
-Click the Advanced button in the lower right corner
-From the drop down menu, click on Proxies.
-In the Select a protocol to configure list
-Uncheck Auto Proxy Discovery

Afterwards to need to setting them back as before. This is just for testing. Leave the Firewall disabled whenever trying to download or update. All these things have helped various Mac connection issues but will not necessarily resolve this issue. But worth trying.

If possible disable the firewall in your router while testing but enable again once finished.
Edited by Moonraker on April 1, 2014 11:20AM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have found a solution to this issue or it is just working now please post to confirm. Thanks.
  • XxAnubisxX
    How about this one:

I've downloaded the Mac Client installer zip file. I can open the zip file without issue, but clicking on the opened zip installer does nothing. It fakes like it wants to launch the installer, but nothing happens.

Tried all the usual basic stuff like download from a different browser, restart, etc, but still nothing.

Thoughts?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to check, it is an app called Install_ESO?

It is a Java install which should work being self contained. Try rebooting your Mac and try again.

Can you also post your system details:

Apple icon (top left of menu bar) > About This Mac > More info…

Edit: Minimum OS X Version is OS X 10.7. Updating to 10.9.2 is recommended if your computer can support it and you don't need an older version for some reason.

You can upgrade to the latest OS X 10.9 Mavericks for free even from 10.6. Check the Apple page here.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 3, 2014 10:58AM
  • eshilia
    eshilia
    I'm having the same issue right now. Going to try restarting once more and if that doesn't work then reinstalling the launcher. And yeah, it's the Install_ESO app that isn't working for me. Does the same as what Anubis said, icon bounces in the taskbar like it wants to open and then disappears.

What specific info do you want from the About This Mac section cause I dunno which parts to send. Going to reboot now so hopefully that'll work

Edit: Just restarted, reinstalled, and tried to open the launcher again. Same problem as last time.

Had a member of admin tell me to upgrade to at least OS 10.7 to meet minimum system requirements. Once that's done I'll try the launcher again and hopefully it'll work :)
    Edited by eshilia on April 3, 2014 8:25AM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    eshilia wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue right now. Going to try restarting once more and if that doesn't work then reinstalling the launcher. And yeah, it's the Install_ESO app that isn't working for me. Does the same as what Anubis said, icon bounces in the taskbar like it wants to open and then disappears.

What specific info do you want from the About This Mac section cause I dunno which parts to send. Going to reboot now so hopefully that'll work

Edit: Just restarted, reinstalled, and tried to open the launcher again. Same problem as last time.

Had a member of admin tell me to upgrade to at least OS 10.7 to meet minimum system requirements. Once that's done I'll try the launcher again and hopefully it'll work :)
    It's why I ask for system details so the OS X version can be checked and also hardware.

Either copy/ paste all details on that window or post a screenshot is fine.

Latest OS X is: OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

Once you have updated then hopefully it should work.

These are the Mac System Requirements for reference:
    WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR MAC?

Updated 03/28/2014 11:06 AM Published 12/03/2013 10:07 AM

Mac Minimum System Requirements:

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7.0 or Later
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    Memory: 4 GB System RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 60 GB free HDD space
    Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M, ATI Radeon HD 6490M or better
    Resolution: 1024X768 minimum display resolution
    Media: DVD-ROM

Mac Recommended System Requirements:

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7.0 or Later
    Processor: Intel i5 processor
    Memory: 4 GB System RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 60 GB free HDD space
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, ATI Radeon HD 5770 or better
    Resolution: 1024X768 minimum display resolution
    Media: DVD-ROM
    *A persistent internet connection is required to play.

**System requirements are subject to change over time.