The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

armory station at start of bg

qwjr8989_ESO
qwjr8989_ESO
✭✭✭
Hi there!

I'd like to suggest there be an armory station that is accessible at the start of every bg before they begin! Currently sometimes bgs have a 20 minute+ queue and no way to change your setup inside leading you to be unable to do litterally ANYTHING while you wait. I can't do world bosses, daily quests, thieving nothing because I must stay in my pvp setup incase the queue pops! Having an armory station at just the beginning would allow for gear/setups to be changed once you load in and allow for you actually play the game while you wait for your bg to pop!

Thank you for your consideration!
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This would be amazing, I can’t tell you how many times you get thrown into a match with no healer, while the other two teams have one and I’m left with a desire to swap to a support loadout to equal the playing field.

My only skepticism would lie in the fact that some players would abuse it for objective modes, like having your group all swap to healers once your teammate grabs the chaosball, or have your whole team swap to tanks for domination, there would need to a limit on swaps mid-game, I’d say 1-2 changes.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armory station, or at least, the ability to pull out assistants. Only at the start of the match though, not mid-match. Once the actual match starts, you are locked in and unable to summon.
  • Lazarus_Rising
    Lazarus_Rising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also i would like so see the ayleid well for our ultimates. People with Ult ready are clearly at an advantage.
    also known as Overlich.
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    I support this. Being able to switch builds to improve team composition would be excellent for allowing another layer of strategy to BG's with minimal effort.
    CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • Oblivion_Protocol
    Oblivion_Protocol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I’d support this. I was in a Deathmatch last night, and one of the other teams had a perma-block tank. I was like, “okay”, and killed all his friends around him.

My team won, and while that dude was probably just testing his build in a live fight situation, it got me to thinking that if I were in his situation, I would’ve done the same thing, expecting a Domination, Crazy King, or even Capture the Relic match.

Your build for objective-based play is often different from your build for just killing everything in sight, and it would be nice to have the option to change.
    Edited by Oblivion_Protocol on July 31, 2023 1:36AM
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also support this
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I’d support this. I was in a Deathmatch last night, and one of the other teams had a perma-block tank. I was like, “okay”, and killed all his friends around him.

My team won, and while that dude was probably just testing his build in a live fight situation, it got me to thinking that if I were in his situation, I would’ve done the same thing, expecting a Domination, Crazy King, or even Capture the Relic match.

Your build for objective-based play is often different from your build for just killing everything in sight, and it would be nice to have the option to change.

That is exactly my thinking when playing. I can win a Crazy King or Relic match even with just okay team mates by building for those game types.

If I were to build for death match, then maybe I could get some kills, but I would most likely wouldn't compete with those who really know what they are doing and I would be putting those other game types at risk.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Careful what you wish for. What's convenient for you is also convenient for everybody else. If you think relic speed-runners, DM healers, and Chaosball tanks are annoying then you may not like the results from this change.

And honestly... Since when can you not kill a world boss in your PvP setup?
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Careful what you wish for. What's convenient for you is also convenient for everybody else. If you think relic speed-runners, DM healers, and Chaosball tanks are annoying then you may not like the results from this change.

This furthers the support for adding the feature IMO. Those builds will enter the matches regardless, having the opportunity to switch to a counter build, or at a minimum attempt to match an opposing team's setup is a positive thing.

Take me for example, all my toons are BG tanks because I've learned for the 10% of the time that DM pops, I'm able to better dominate other modes as a tank.

If the other teams for example queued in as mostly squishies, and it's a CB ... it's game over without them having an opportunity to counter or switch builds.

CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does adding more negatives equal a positive?

Or do you just not mind them? Honestly I don't mind them either-- I find it refreshing and tactical in small doses-- but large doses might be bad.

For instance people tend to get upset halfway through a BG weekend because when people know what the mode is they come in with builds tailored to the mode-- in other words cheesey in a way. If this change takes place then that's what you'll have all the time.

I don't mind some NB wearing the wild hunt ring capping my relic. That seems tactical and fair to me-- I assume they're some ganker from cyrodiil that just happened to find themselves useful in a BG. Good for them, I say. Luck of the draw.

I think I would be far more annoyed if every team had two.

To a certain extent the not knowing keeps you honest. I have zero problems with niche builds or modes that make them viable. But if suddenly the niche isn't niche anymore... Then it's a bit much.

I respect the crap out of someone that finds joy in being sneaky, or fast, or tanky. I'm glad the game allows for it. I just want them to do it because that's what they want to do, not because they swapped gear to cheese a mode.

I spend a lot of time defending these game modes and indeed these niche players. It's going to be a lot harder under these conditions. Everything will exacerbate. It's going to be the worst aspects of every mode all the time.

And just to be clear I'm not only talking about objective modes. You thought it was hard to kill people in DMs now... Pff, just wait!

• ElderSmitter
    ElderSmitter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrant_Tim wrote: »
    This would be amazing, I can’t tell you how many times you get thrown into a match with no healer, while the other two teams have one and I’m left with a desire to swap to a support loadout to equal the playing field.

My only skepticism would lie in the fact that some players would abuse it for objective modes, like having your group all swap to healers once your teammate grabs the chaosball, or have your whole team swap to tanks for domination, there would need to a limit on swaps mid-game, I’d say 1-2 changes.

I think the Poster meant before BG's starts on the countdown. Once BG starts i do not feel anyone should be able to swap but 100% Agree with being able to do a quick Swap before the Bell Rings to Start.
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, clarifying also:

Agree to swap before the battle.
    Disagree to swap after the bell.

BG player base is small enough now I know what the majority of the team composites will be before the match based on account name+class. I know I'm not the only one who does this. Being able to switch builds to better support my team based on familiarity with oposing team members would surely be a bonus. Same goes for the other teams sizing my team up.

Also: Adding role markers/indicators next to names in the group like there are in all other group parties (tank, healer, dps) would be beneficial in BGs to supplement the OP's idea.
    Edited by Brakkish on August 1, 2023 12:20AM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brakkish wrote: »
    Yep, clarifying also:

Agree to swap before the battle.
    Disagree to swap after the bell.

BG player base is small enough now I know what the majority of the team composites will be before the match based on account name+class. I know I'm not the only one who does this. Being able to switch builds to better support my team based on familiarity with oposing team members would surely be a bonus. Same goes for the other teams sizing my team up.

Also: Adding role markers/indicators next to names in the group like there are in all other group parties (tank, healer, dps) would be beneficial in BGs to supplement the OP's idea.

LOL imagine. 12 players join a BG. They suppose they know what everyone's gonna do, so they switch their builds.

A game of Scissors Paper Rock plays much the same as Rock Paper Scissors.

Isn't it just better to be the rock if you like being a rock?
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always go rock, except when I know someone only throws out paper.