The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Requesting help from master enchanters to teach me the craft

Valkyrus
Valkyrus
Soul Shriven
Requesting help from a master enchanter (PC-NA) or asking the community if this sounds like a good and fair idea.

I would like to ask a master enchanter to craft 150 glyphs if I provide the runes. When I create my new Arcanist character, I would like him to be a master enchanter.

I can imagine we could do this one of two ways:

Option 1: We meet at an enchanting table. I trade you 150 Repora, 150 Dekeipa, 150 Rekuta and you trade me 25,000 gold (as collateral). You craft 150 Truly Superb Glyph of Frost (Epic/Purple). You trade me 150 Truly Superb Glyph of Frost and I trade you 25,000 gold, perhaps more to pay you for your time. Done. Collateral is so I know you won't run off with my runes. I've read on a guide that sum is worth the runes - in case either of us bails, we're both left with the same value. So, neither should bail.

Option 2: You also have another character you would like to turn into a master enchanter. We meet at an enchanting table. I craft 150 Truly Superb Glyph of Frost. You craft 150 Truly Superb Glyph of Something (ensuring you use Itade or Repora, Rekuta, and any Essence). We trade our 150 Glyphs. Done.

While the actual number to level up to Enchanting 50 is 170 glyphs, I settled on 150 because I will wait to deconstruct them until the Zenithar event.

Does this sound fair? Is this something I could ask in zone or guild chat? Anyone on this forum (PC-NA) interested? I had no luck in the subreddit.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or you could make 2 characters and level up their enchanting together, with one making runes for the other to break down. That's what I'd recommend, if you find it practical. Blue runes might also be more cost-effective than purple ones.

One problem with your plan -- not everybody has the inventory space to make what you want. Better to have somebody stand with you, sell you runes, and let you break them down.

You also don't sound eager to pay somebody enough for this to be worth their trouble.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on May 6, 2023 2:55PM
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valkyrus wrote: »
    Requesting help from a master enchanter (PC-NA) or asking the community if this sounds like a good and fair idea.

I would like to ask a master enchanter to craft 150 glyphs if I provide the runes. When I create my new Arcanist character, I would like him to be a master enchanter.

I can imagine we could do this one of two ways:

Option 1: We meet at an enchanting table. I trade you 150 Repora, 150 Dekeipa, 150 Rekuta and you trade me 25,000 gold (as collateral). You craft 150 Truly Superb Glyph of Frost (Epic/Purple). You trade me 150 Truly Superb Glyph of Frost and I trade you 25,000 gold, perhaps more to pay you for your time. Done. Collateral is so I know you won't run off with my runes. I've read on a guide that sum is worth the runes - in case either of us bails, we're both left with the same value. So, neither should bail.

Option 2: You also have another character you would like to turn into a master enchanter. We meet at an enchanting table. I craft 150 Truly Superb Glyph of Frost. You craft 150 Truly Superb Glyph of Something (ensuring you use Itade or Repora, Rekuta, and any Essence). We trade our 150 Glyphs. Done.

While the actual number to level up to Enchanting 50 is 170 glyphs, I settled on 150 because I will wait to deconstruct them until the Zenithar event.

Does this sound fair? Is this something I could ask in zone or guild chat? Anyone on this forum (PC-NA) interested? I had no luck in the subreddit.

If I had the inventory space and predictable timing I would be interested. However I don't think I can commit to this. But I do want to thank you for the knowledge on a good way to do this in the future. Best wishes!
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    i don't understand why you need a second player for this, can't you just make the glyphs on your main and drop them in the bank for your new arcanist toon to use? when i make a new character i just funnel all the glyph drops from my regular activities to the new one, doesn't take long to level
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can only send 6 things back and forth at a time. Pain in the butt.

However, as stated above you can level up 2 at the same time. Use Vivec as the banker is close to the Enchanting station. Make the glyphs on one character, deposit in the bank. Log to other character and decon directly at station, no need to withdraw first. You can do hundreds at a time this way.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Valkyrus
    Valkyrus
    Soul Shriven
    Hoghorn wrote: »
    i don't understand why you need a second player for this, can't you just make the glyphs on your main

To my knowledge that would not provide the inspiration boost. When you deconstruct glyphs made by another player, you gain much more inspiration than when you deconstruct one made on your own account. So the number goes from 170 to something like 1700 glyphs or more, I'm just ballparking. I'm asking for another player to reduce the amount of runes I need to buy and use.

Thank you all for the answers and cautions - I didn't know we can only trade 6 items at a time (and I know glyphs don't stack!). Personally, as a master enchanter myself, I would do this for free for anyone who asked me. I recognize now why other players would not want to do this. I'll patient and do the independent ways you've suggested.

Thank you!

• HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    If you had empty chests (those ones you get from Rolis). You could, quite quickly, even with limited space, fill those. 2x60, and a smaller 30 space one would do the trick.
    Helps if you have your own enchanting station to quickly make and dump them. Don't even need to move if you place it right :)
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would take longer if you did this on one account, vs using a second person, as, has been stated, you get more inspiration for deconstructing things made by other players.

To answer your question OP, I think asking a guildie (if you are in any guilds) would be the fastest way to go. That way a guild officer can step in if for some reason something goes sideways, and you are also interacting with a "trusted" player if that makes sense.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You can only send 6 things back and forth at a time. Pain in the butt.

However, as stated above you can level up 2 at the same time. Use Vivec as the banker is close to the Enchanting station. Make the glyphs on one character, deposit in the bank. Log to other character and decon directly at station, no need to withdraw first. You can do hundreds at a time this way.

If only I had 150 free slots in my bank! Or if only Enchanting runes would stack together!

Alas, neither is the case. Pain in the butt.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't understand why you need a second player for this, can't you just make the glyphs on your main

To my knowledge that would not provide the inspiration boost. When you deconstruct glyphs made by another player, you gain much more inspiration than when you deconstruct one made on your own account. So the number goes from 170 to something like 1700 glyphs or more, I'm just ballparking.

That wasn't true in the past, so far as I can recall, and I doubt it's changed.

Deconstructing stuff made by the same CHARACTER gives weak results, but back when I leveled by making/deconstructing, making my own stuff on a different character worked fine.

(I did however gain a few levels of enchanting on my FIRST enchanter by trading glyphs with a guildmate.)

• Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    uesp enchanting page does not say there is an inspiration difference between deconning glyphs made by an alt and glyphs made by another player, just that deconning either will give more inspiration than doing it with glyphs made by the same character https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Enchanting#Inspiration_Required_by_Level
    i'm curious where the op heard that deconstructing glyphs made by an alt gives less inspiration. perhaps they could do both and report the numbers in this thread
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To my knowledge that would not provide the inspiration boost. When you deconstruct glyphs made by another player, you gain much more inspiration than when you deconstruct one made on your own account. So the number goes from 170 to something like 1700 glyphs or more, I'm just ballparking.

Thank you!

As long as the glyphs are made by some other character, be it one of your alts or another player's character the decon inspiration is the same. It is only when you decon glyphs with the same character that makes them, do you get less inspiration.

I wish those two websites that people get this decon inspiration information from would update. The Inspiration Parity across alts has been a thing since about 2015.

I have leveled 16 Alts by deconning glyphs made by my Master Crafter.

If your bank is full, just spin up a Mule Character and off load your bank. I have 4 storage mules, named Crafter Collector, Stanley Storage, Mule McMullister and Carries Many Purses. I had a fifth named Carry Burdens, but she is now being played. Incidentally they are all L50 in Enchanting.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"