Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Stamina and Weapon Damage + Heavy Weapons I questions...

Bob
Bob
✭✭✭
How does Stamina works with Weapon Damage?

At level 9 I added one point to my 3 Stamina, i.e. my total Stamina is 4, but it gives nothing to my damage! I have one skill with 27 damage (Cleave) and it has not changed. WTF*1 :\

Plus i have a question about "Heavy Weapons I". Mine tooltip says:
Heavy Weapons I
100% chance to bleed for 0 Physical Damage over 10 seconds with Two-Handed Axe. Attacks ignore 40 armor with Two-Handed Mace. Deals 3% additional damage with Two-Handed Sword.
1) 0 Physical Damage?? Why 0%? WTF*2? :s Equipping the Axe does not change anything...
2) Deals 3% additional damage. Again, i have the same Cleave with 27 damage with my 2h sword.

WTF*3!? :'(
Edited by Bob on April 1, 2014 2:00AM
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina does not affect how much damage you deal, instead, it affects how many stamina based abilities you can use before running out of stamina, how long you can sprint before running out of stamina, how long you can block without running out of stamina, etc. etc. It does not provide any direct damage boosts.

For your tool tip, have you spent skill points into said ability? Are you sure your axe is two handed? It might also just be bugged or the tool tip is displaying it wrong.
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    It does not provide any direct damage boosts.
    Really? But tooltip says it does...
    For your tool tip, have you spent skill points into said ability? Are you sure your axe is two handed? It might also just be bugged or the tool tip is displaying it wrong.

yes 2h axe and 2h sword - same 27 damage and 0 Physical Damage in tooltip...

Maybe it reduces my 0.81 bonus damage back to 27 but not to 28? But this is really lame math.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina directly increases the damage of any abilities which consume stamina. It does not (as far as I'm aware) increase weapon damage for light/heavy attacks or bashing.

Likewise, magicka will increase the damage of any spells (any ability that consumes magicka).
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    Now i'm totally confused, and where is my 0.81 bonus points/ and why 0 damage?
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is probably rounding things improperly.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiUATvbFDUQ
    Stamina increases basic light/heavy attacks, even for staff. (video proof)